- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Best Motorcycle Brake Discs or Rotors
Standard motorcycle brake discs are mass produced on production lines using stamped parts and circular rivets made cheaply on production machinery as shown in the photo below.
This is fine as a standard cheap replacement but over time the effective point contact due to the “punching” of the rotor blade holes as opposed to machining the pocket causes a point contact that is not ideal and has its drawbacks.
There is now an exciting alternative for your new motorcycle brake rotors when you want something better from EBC Brakes, the world market leader for over 35 years in motorcycle brakes.
The new EBC brake rotors use German mill rolled heat treated and tempered stainless steel for the rotor blade which are diamond ground to provide an almost optical finish that allows new brake pads to bed in and perform fast.
The brake rotor blades are attached to the inner hub which is made from a specially rolled ductile aluminium alloy that is precision machined to replicate your original brake rotors.
The big difference is the drive system where the rotor blade and hub are attached in the making of the EBC Brakes rotors.
EBC use a patented system called Square Drive or SD for short whereby the “pockets” in the brake rotor blade and alloy hub are milled with flat sides and allow the use of a square or flat sided rivet to connect the parts together. (see photo above). This system offers HUGE advantages over standard rotors by delivering a LINE contact between the components that spreads the braking load over 20 times as much surface area as standard full circle or round brake rotor rivets.
The use of the SD square drive system reduces wear on components, extends the life of the rotors, eliminates vibration which commonly occurs in a brake rotor later in its life as the standard circular rivets wear or “brinell” and allows perfect expansion and contraction of the brake rotor as it heats and cools in motorcycle use.
EBC motorcycle brake rotors are available in many designs from the popular café style Vee-Rotors™ to the top selling XC contoured profile rotors to the OS series off road oversize brake rotor and Supermoto rotor kits.