- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Easy guide to safe brake repair in DVD format for the DIY enthusiast from world’s number one brand EBC Brakes. This comprehensive installation DVD is available in European and USA formats for Motorcycle brake repair or Automotive brake repair and guides the home enthusiast through the choices and procedures for a basic brake repair. Click here to select your DVD and view a taster.
There are numerous brake repair shops around the world and your choice of where to have your brakes serviced should depend on the degree of brake repair needed. If all you need is to replace worn pads or scored and damaged brake rotors then this is achievable by most mechanics as a DIY work but EBC Brakes strongly recommend you to buy this DVD and view this before commencing your brake repair.
The Install DVD is available from various USA websites such as www.perfectbrakes.com and www.autopartswarehouse.com or in Europe ebcbrakesdirect.com or www.brakes4u.co.uk all of whom can also supply all the parts needed for your brake repair.
Brake repairs normally involved jacking up the car and removing the wheels one at a time, remembering to safety chock the wheels and placing car jacks or a solid support under the car for safety and checking pad thickness in the brake caliper. Pads can be removed with basic tools and care should be taken to clean the caliper parts and slider and remove all rust dirt and debris. Replacement disc pads come in many shapes and sizes and the best way to find out what pads are correct for you car is to use a reliable vehicle lookup such as is found on this useful link Upgrade Your Brake Pads & Rotors DVD and then to make the all important decision on what type of brake pad you will use in your brake repair by checking this link: EBC Brakes selector chart.
Good brake save lives so make good choices and buy the best pads and rotors you can afford, cheap brakes don’t last as long and may fail.