- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
How brake pads are made.
Here is a great video showing how brake pads were made and are made in today’s world from the world number one brand EBC Brakes.
Brake pad technology has improved leaps and bounds in recent years and the new science of powder molding and revolutionary ideas such as the Nucap NRS system hook retention used on EBC Brakes set them apart from even original brakes.
EBC brakes are used by thousands of race drivers and riders, they are the ONLY non manufacturer pads used by the UK Police Forces and have recently been awarded numerous ratings and approvals making them a superb buy at less than manufacturer costs.
See this brief Video showing how pads are made here: