- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Pro Cut Centres
For a list of UK fitting stations with a Pro Cut lathe on car brake lathes click here:
Pro Cut Independent Centre’s
UK PRO CUT CENTRES
In the UK Machining per AXLE (two discs) costs between £20 and £50 depending on complexity and is well worth the money.
For a list of USA fitting stations with a Pro Cut on car brake lathes click here:
USA PRO CUT CENTRES
Machining per AXLE costs between $40 and $80 depending on complexity and is well worth the money.
CLICK TO FIND YOUR NEAREST PEP BOYS PRO-CUT CENTRE
What a skim over from new with a Pro Cut lathe will do is:
- Perfectly align your discs or rotors to your car
- Ensure smooth and perfect braking from first pedal
- Remove zinc from the braking area accelerating bed in and brake efficiency
- Prevent DTV and brake vibration occurring for many thousands of miles
EBC Brakes recommends, endorses and approves Pro Cut brake lathes and their use not just as a solution for brake vibration but as a means of perfecting rotor alignment from new install.