- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
STILLEN or Steve Millen Sportparts Inc is amongst many other things the USA agent for AP Racing brakes.
Located in a 90,000 sq ft facility in Costa Mesa STILLEN have been selling Premium quality products for over 20 years .Products include such as exhausts, clutch components, oversize and sport brake kits, brake calipers and hardware, Body kits, sway bars plus specialty exhaust systems and superchargers…. you name it and STILLEN seem to have it.
The AP Racing name for brakes is one of the finest in the world and these brake systems have been used on performance and race cars for many years with great success. If you are lucky enough to have an AP Racing brake system from STILLEN on your car pretty soon you will be looking for replacement brake pads and we would like you to consider the EBC range of brake pads.
EBC Brakes offer a huge range of pad compounds to fit all of the AP racing Calipers and a chart of compound availability and caliper design numbers plus an interchange to AP racing part numbers can be found here!
STILLEN also boast a service centre for installation of the fine products they sell.
To read more about this fine company click the link below:
The world of Racing is a challenging environment used to research and develop performance products that have inspired the OEM vehicle producers for years. It is probably true to say that race development is the driving force of high end vehicle design where both performance and endurance can be tested to the extreme. Even if you do not intend to spend every weekend on a race track having great brakes on your car for even highway driving is money well spent, one thing is for sure with good brakes you will be the guy who always stops when the emergency arises so having good well serviced brakes is good sense.
There are also many of us who just love motor cars and make upgrades our hobby and passion. Many such enthusiasts who start out as racers end up as business owners passing their expertise on to fellow motor car users. I guess we are all fortunate to have lived in the era of the modern petrol engine which will unlikely be around when our grandchildren leave school.
Lets just call ourselves lucky!
EBC Compound Target market Cold friction Mu Hot Mu at 550 C (1000 F) Hot Mu at 800 C (1440 F) Lifetime factor on a one to ten basis Pagid Ferodo PFC Hawk Carbotech Mintex
Yellowstuff R 1793
(EBC Box end label will say AF93/AF94)
Race and Trackday use on cars up to 2200 lbs plus Drifting,Dirt Track,Oval, Legends, classic & vintage, formula Ford, Solo, sports 2000, Vee, Miata MX5. 0.5 0.31 0.21 6 RS4-4
DS2500 97 BLUE9012 HT10 AX6
Bluestuff DM 2116SC
(EBC Box end label will say AF66/16SC)
Fastest Street, trackday and entry level race material 0.75 0.45 0.42 10 RS4-2-1
DS3000 01 HT14 DTC05 XP10 M1166
Full Race Pad
Full Race compound for track use only 0.5 0.6 0.63 10 RS14
DS3000 ENDURANCE 03