- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Peter Burchill, team owner of Vulcan racing and his team were recently racing at Donington Park for the first round of the Cockshoot Cup. During the race the Vulcan team showcased their recent winter rebuild of an MGZS V6 fitted with EBC Bluestuff brake pads.
During the qualifying race the team experienced a few gremlins when they had a problem with the fuel pump which was fortunately fixed during the interval allowing Peter to finish at a respectable 5th place achieving a personal best lap result in doing so.
The Vulcan Racing Team have got a packed exciting season ahead with their newly built car including Silverstone, Croft, Oulton Park, Cadwell amongst others which will decide the championship.
Read the full race report here: http://www.zscentral.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=120744
Also visit the Vulcan Racing website and blog here to read more news: http://www.vulcanracing.co.uk/
EBC Bluestuff Brake Pads are great for car racing and automotive sports in general as they are high in friction and made from race material that is specifically designed for aggressive driving conditions such as those found on certain types of race tracks. When twinned with quality aftermarket calipers Bluestuff NDX formula has the most efficient success rate. Read more about Bluestuff Brake Pads here!