BMW Two-Piece Fully-Floating Rotor
- The motorsport product arm of EBC Brakes – EBC Brakes Racing – is pleased to announce a new addition to its two-piece fully-floating brake disc range: the 380x30mm SG2F006 disc for the BMW M2/M3/M4 (F8x-badged models).
- The disc uses a novel two-piece hub design which reduces unsprung rotational weight that has such a profound impact on vehicle driving dynamics.
- Ideal for regular track-goers and cars boasting high levels of tune.
SG2F006 rotors will fit the front axle of the following vehicles:
|F87 BMW M2||3.0 Twin Turbo||2016-|
|F80 BMW M3||3.0 Twin Turbo||2014-|
|F80 BMW M3 Competition||3.0 Twin Turbo||2016-|
|F80 BMW M3 CS||3.0 Twin Turbo||2017-|
|F82 BMW M4||3.0 Twin Turbo||2014-|
|F82 BMW M4 Competition||3.0 Twin Turbo||2016-|
|F82 BMW M4 CS||3.0 Twin Turbo||2018-|
- EBC’s two-piece fully-floating 380x30mm discs are a simple bolt-on upgrade that seamlessly replace the original ‘pin-drive’ brake disc without vehicle modification.
- Unlike the stock pin-drive discs which do not float, EBC’s SG2F fully-floating rotor allows the outer cast-iron friction ring to expand freely with temperature, totally eliminating disc ‘warping’.
- Discs are grooved unlike the original rotors which are perforated. This allows the pad to vent without the holes becoming epicentres for disc cracking.
- Race-derived G3500 grade high-carbon cast-iron is used for the friction rings. This high-quality metallurgy possesses greater crack resistance and an increased ability to conduct and then radiate heat.
- Aluminium bells are machined from aerospace-grade aluminium and then hard anodised for longevity, whereas the stock brake rotors use uncoated cast aluminium bells.
- Cast-iron friction rings feature 48-curved vanes and are handed for each side of the vehicle. This significantly improves the brake discs’ ability to radiate heat, increasing brake system endurance and prolonging the onset of brake fade.
- Bobbins are machined from stainless steel which cannot rust, ensuring the disc continues to float freely throughout its entire life cycle on the vehicle, even on road cars.
- Spring clips ensure totally silent operation and eliminate off-brake disc rattle.
- Friction rings can be replaced individually after they have become worn, allowing the aluminium bell and stainless steel bobbins to be re-used, leading to lower long-term operating costs.
EBC Brakes Racing
- Formed in 2015 as a response to the ever-expanding track day and race car markets, EBC Brakes Racing is a sub-division of world-leader in the industry, EBC Brakes.
- With modern vehicles becoming increasingly heavy, coupled with ever-higher power outputs, the demand placed on the braking system today is higher than ever. As such, EBC Brakes Racing was born: aiming to offer uncompromised braking products of the finest quality that offer unparalleled levels of performance.
- Several million pounds has already been invested into the development of EBC Brakes Racing’s British-built range of products, which includes the likes of RP-1 pads, Apollo Big Brake Kits and fully-floating two-piece rotors.
- EBC Brakes Racing provides car enthusiasts around the world with quality, UK-made parts at competitive prices, whilst staying true to its mantra of developing braking products that offer unparalleled levels of performance.
PART NO. SG2F006
– DIMENSIONS: 380x30mm
– NOTE: No vehicle modifications are required for fitment of EBC’s 2-piece rotors