- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
EBC car brakes provided reliable hill climbing for Lewis Dean Motorsport
The Lewis Dean Motorsport Team have been racing once again this year in the Gurston Down Hillclimb using a powerful and reliable combination of Ultimax2™ Brake Pads and Yellowstuff Fastest Street, Trackday & Drift racing brake pads.
Here is their race report:
The EBC backed Subaru Impreza returned once again this April to the Gurston Down Hillclimb for the first meeting of the season after a winter of upgrades and testing. More power was added to the car which had us slightly worried that the brakes would not cope with the increase.
We had no need to worry – the combination of the EBC Ultimax2™ Brake Pads and Yellowstuff Fastest Street, Trackday & Drift racing brake pads seemed to work just as efficiently, if not better, as they did when the car had less power.
Let us not forget that these brakes have been on the racecar for two hillclimb seasons and although the pads and discs show some signs wear, which is expected, they are doing the job nicely.
Blustery conditions met the team on Saturday but the rain stayed away allowing for some fast times from the owner drivers Shaun & Sarah Fudge. Sarah reducing her times by 1 second or more on every run, Shaun on the other hand matched his personal best on his very first run.
It all looked well for a first place position for Shaun and at least a second or third for Sarah until gearbox failure ended what was going to be a fantastic start to the racing season.
The Subaru will now be fitted with a stronger race gearbox and will be ready to come out fighting again in May.
Thanks to EBC Brakes (shame they don’t make gearboxes) but when we want to stop … we stop!!
Shaun/ Sarah Fudge
Lewis Dean Motorsport
More EBC car brake details:
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series – Full Race Pad
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use, race drivers in particular love them because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. These pads are ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
The new radically improved Ultimax2™ is a fully ECO friendly material that has ZERO sulphides. The new Ultimax2 formula does not require shims for noise reduction and has more bite from cold. These brake pads also work well in hot dry climates too! As with the original Ultimax these too are fully R90 approved.
Read more about the Ultimax brake pad here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: