- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Shaun and Sarah Fudge (Lewis Dean Motorsport) once again arrived at Gurston Down Hill Climb on 24/25st August for the British Hill climb Championship with their EBC Brakes backed Subaru Impreza WRX. With a superb first season so far the pair continued to show the same determination to win as they did in their very first race of the season back in April. Running in the over 2000cc Road Going Production class the Subaru and drivers have already notched up a, 1st, 2nd and 3rd in previous races, above and beyond their expectations.
The class this weekend was made up of very powerful cars including a Nissan GT-R (500bhp), Audi Quattro(450bhp) the outlook for the Lewis Dean Motorsport Team did not look good.
Saturday practice saw Sarah and Shaun with almost identical practice runs with only 1 second between them with the powerful Nissan a full 4 seconds faster. The practice day ended with the team in accepting that, this weekend, another podium would not be on the cards.
Shaun was running in third place in the ‘National A’ category after the Sunday morning practice run and the first timed run placed him 4th. Then the rain came !! now there was a possibility of a win or maybe even second place. In the damp conditions the Imprezas’ run put the team second with an almost identical time to the Audi Quattro, the Nissan GT-R was a full 4 seconds slower than the Subaru.
The last run of the day was sunny and dry allowing the big bhp cars to come into there own.
Shauns result in his class was a very respectable 4th in Class but the glory went to Sarah in the ‘National B’ category when she achieved a superb result of 4th in class out of 16 entries.
The weekend ended on a very positive note and with one meeting left in September the team are already planning development and engine upgrades for 2014.
Lewis Dean Motorsport are grateful for the support of EBC Brakes and, as always , are proud to carry the name on the race car.
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series – Full Race Pad
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use. Race drivers in particular love it because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. This is ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
EBC Ultimax Slotted Brake Rotors are manufactured using premium disc blanks. These rotors benefit from quiet running which is all down to the narrower multi slot design and the progressive angle at which the slots are machined. This has benefit of removing dirt, gas, water and debris and having the advantage of parallel pad wear.
Read more about EBC Brakes Utlimax Slotted Brake Rotors here!