- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads make rally car racers happy
EBC Brakes sponsor rally racers from all around the world in many different kinds of racing, but the one thing they have in common is how much they all love using Yellowstuff brake pads.
Here is a selection of recent race reports from our happy rally racers:
KJell-Åke G said about Mikael
We are getting more and more Rally Customers who are using Yellowstuff brake pads and they are very happy with them! I also want to report that we managed to come home with our nice Jaguar during the Cheap Race.
We got a 9th place among 27 cars so we are rather pleased with that.
This film taken by Nürburgring crew shows us at the ring (see below).
Thank you for your support EBC!
Mikael Karlsson said about the Nurburg Ring race:
We at Mikael Karlsson Motorsport give thanks to sponsorship by our Volvo 70 Group F. We raced at the Nürburgring the rally on Saturday, August 15 with EBC Yellowstuff brake pads fitted.
Lewis Dean Motorsport
Shaun and Sarah Fudge, owners and drivers of the Lewis Dean Motorsport Subaru Impreza WRX returned to Gurston Down Speed Hill Climb on Sunday 19th July.
Supported by EBC Brakes the season has gone well for them so far with the team consistently finishing in the top four of their class.
The team had been previously using EBC USR Slotted Rotors with Yellowstuff brake pads which proved to be extremely effective and have contributed to the teams trophy haul. This month saw the EBC supported Impreza shod with an alternative EBC Brakes combination of the BSD Blade Rotors with EBC Blue stuff Pads.
After testing and a bedding in period for the pads/discs they just got better and better as the weekend progressed, installing confidence in the drivers with each run.
I highly recommend this superb brake set up for fast road or hillclimbs.
The team continued with their consistent success this weekend with Shaun’s result a 2nd place finish and Sarah a respectable 4th.
Here is Fredrik’s race report:
With over 70 cars that ran for qualification in the wet conditions on Saturday, it was great Autumn weather during Sunday’s Norwegian Championship in the classic “Sideways Competition”. There were high feelings among the drivers, top entertainment for the audience and of course a lot of tension to this competition as everyone looked forward to it.
It was very steady at the top, but a worthy winner was named ; Fredrik Øksnevad! On Friday, it did not seem that I would be driving, but a big thank you to my good buddy and mechanic Marius Fossheim, we did make it.
I did not imagine I would be here today with my very first laurel wreath around my neck. Thanks to everyone who had faith in me. “This was really fun” said a tearful and proud Fredrik Øksnevad.
Fredrik gave Marius the trophy as thanks for the help. Well deserved!
This view of blue sky and nice cars goes into the book with good memories from last year’s Gatebil festival at Rudskogen. If you have not had enough yet, Gatebil at Mantorp is just a few weeks away!
Here are some more EBC product details:
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series – Full Race Pad
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use, race drivers in particular love them because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. These pads are ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
EBC Bluestuff Brake Pads are perfect for racing all sorts of cars and automotive sports in general as they are extremely high in friction and made from NDX formula material that is specifically designed for aggressive driving conditions such as those found on hard surfaced race tracks. When twinned with specific quality aftermarket calipers Bluestuff brake pad NDX formula has the most efficient success rate. Read more about Bluestuff Brake Pads here!
EBC GD Series brake disc rotors are now available in a “thermic black” and NITROTHERM™ finish and feature wide aperture slots that draw cool air under the brake pad and rotor interface which help cool the temperature of the brake pad contact that can easily and often shoot up to well over 1000 degrees during heavy braking and can cause brake fade or loss of brake effect – the cool effective use of the slots helps prevent this.
Read about other features of the GD brake disc rotor here!
BSD (Blade Sports Discs) are made from a unique material known as “discalloy” for front and rear fitments. The blade slot design is specially crafted to remove hot gases in an efficient way to help keep brake pads cooler and flatter. The multiple slots overlap to reduce the brake wind sound.
Read more about Blade Sport Discs here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: