- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Lewis Dean Motorsports exhibit EBC Brakes’ Subaru Impreza
Lewis Dean Motorsports attended Upton Carnival day in Poole, Dorset recently where they exhibited their EBC Brakes equipped Subaru Impreza. The team have been using Yellowstuff brake Pads and Ultimax2™ Brake Pads with great success during their strenuous hill climbs at Gurston Down already this season and throughout previous racing seasons. They are now upgrading their brake system to include BSD discs and Bluestuff brake pads when they return to the next Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb on the 18/19th July after testing them with promising results.
Here is their review of the Upton Carnival promotion day:
The EBC supported Lewis Dean Motorsport Subaru Impreza WRX made an appearance for the local residents and supporters lining the streets at the Upton Town Carnival in Poole, Dorset on the 11th July. The race car was prominently displayed all day for the visitors to the arena field and many took the opportunity to have their photographs taken with the team and car. Shaun and Sarah Fudge, owner/drivers, delighted in promoting their association with EBC Brakes and spent the day chatting with the many car enthusiasts showing an interest in the team and the development of the race car.
Supported by EBC Brakes, the season has gone well for them so far with the team consistently finishing in the top four of their class.
The team will return to Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb on the 18/19th July and it will be the first time the car will have the upgrade of EBC BSD discs matched with Bluestuff brake pads.
Testing has gone well with the new brake combination and Shaun and Sarah are confident that it will show in the results of the weekend.
Shaun and Sarah would like to thank the ongoing support of EBC Brakes and the assistance in developing a consistently competitive Hill Climb Car.
Lewis Dean Motorsport
More EBC car brake details:
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series – Full Race Pad
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use, race drivers in particular love them because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. These pads are ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
EBC Bluestuff Brake Pads are perfect for racing all sorts of cars and automotive sports in general as they are extremely high in friction and made from NDX formula material that is specifically designed for aggressive driving conditions such as those found on hard surfaced race tracks. When twinned with specific quality aftermarket calipers Bluestuff brake pad NDX formula has the most efficient success rate. Read more about Bluestuff Brake Pads here!
The radically improved Ultimax2™ is a fully ECO friendly material that has ZERO sulphides. The Ultimax2 formula does not require shims for noise reduction and has more bite from cold. These brake pads also work well in hot dry climates too! As with the original Ultimax these too are fully R90 approved.
Read more about the Ultimax brake pad here!
BSD (Blade Sports Discs) are made from a unique material known as “discalloy” for front and rear fitments. The blade slot design is specially crafted to remove hot gases in an efficient way to help keep brake pads cooler and flatter. The multiple slots overlap to reduce the brake wind sound.
Read more about Blade Sport Discs here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: