- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Mark Stahl set for desert racing with EBC truck brakes
Mark Stahl is once again racing in the Norra Mexican 1000 this year. Equipped with EBC Greenstuff 7000 brake pads and GD Sport Rotors in his 78 Fillmore Ford restored truck, Mark will be ready to race in the four day rally which is set in the hot Baja desert in Mexico. The event takes place on Sunday, April 26 through Wednesday, April 29, 2015.
NASCAR/ARCA veteran Mark Stahl is a 4 time Baja 1000 winner and also won the Baja 1000 Ironman 3 times. He has been racing with EBC brake products for a few years and has had great success with Truck Yellowstuff Sport brake pads. See archived EBC blogs at the following links: Heat is on for Mark Stahl in Mexican 1000 with EBC Yellowstuff brakes, Yellowstuff truck brakes by EBC can easily cope with the heat of the dessert for Mark Stahl in the Mexican 1000.
Official Mexican 1000 website link: https://www.norra.com/
Keep up with Facebook updates here: https://www.facebook.com/NorraFanPage
Here is some more EBC truck brakes information on the EBC products Mark is using:
Greenstuff Brake Pads 7000 Series
Greenstuff Brake Pads 7000 Series are the ultimate SUV or 4×4 front end brake pads and stop much faster and have a high longevity with nearly zero brake fade. These brake pads include chamfers and slots, are fully shimmed and come coated with Brake-in for fast bed-in.
Read more about Greenstuff brake pads here!
EBC GD Series brake disc rotors are now in a new “thermic black” and NITROTHERM™ finish and feature wide aperture slots that draw cool air under the brake pad and rotor interface which help cool the temperature of the brake pad contact that can easily and often shoot up to well over 1000 degrees, during heavy braking and can cause brake fade or loss of brake effect so the cool effective use of the slots helps prevent this.
Read about other features of the GD brake disc rotor here!
Other brakes suitable for larger vehicle use such as SUV, Jeep or Truck include:
When it comes to racing in hot desert conditions, the best brakes to use when the heat is on is without a doubt Truck Yellowstuff Sport brake pads as they are a high friction formula specifically designed for light trucks, SUV or Jeep use. They manifest superb brake control with a high brake effect and produce very minimal disc rotor damage.
The biggest advantage of Yellowstuff is their huge heat range and resistance to brake abuse making them ideal for racing the 1300 miles of the Mexican 1000.
The new EBC Extra Duty brake pads for light Truck, Jeep and SUV provide better stopping power, zero noise and longer life span. Using new ECO friendly technology during the manufacturing process, the EFI team have created unusually high friction brake pad material that is ideal for street use with strong brake effect when braking from cold. Read more here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: