- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Mexican 1000 dessert truck racer Mark Stahl contacted EBC recently with his news about his recent race. Mark has EBC Yellowstuff Truck brakes fitted on his Ford Truck as these are the perfect choice for racing in hot dry conditions because of their huge heat range. Also because of their ability to cope with high horsepower. See further product details below.
We had a semi successful Mexican 1000. We finished 3rd in our class out of 7 trucks and 36th overall out of 60 vintage vehicles. Our main problem was a burnt piston 40 miles into the race that caused a major engine blowby problem. We were adding oil every 60 miles or so and used over 60 qts. to reach the finish line. The last three days we would have to get the truck up to speed and then coast after the truck would run out of oil pressure. We would restart it and do that over and over. We estimated we did that over 700 times. There are many other stories we had in the race that I will talk about on our thread on RaceDezert. You can read them on our thread on RaceDazert, here: https://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php/96162-Ivan-Stewart-s-78-Fillmore-Ford-Restoration?p=1523533.
Because of its very large heat range, EBC Yellowstuff truck brakes deliver benefits to a range of vehicles including the fastest street use on higher horsepower sedans to Trackday. Race use on most street based cars and even as a brake upgrade on Trucks and SUV. Yellowstuff works especially well on Trucks for towing heavy loads and where wheel oversize upgrades have been fitted.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Truck Sport brake pads here!