- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Odi Bakchis ranked 7th using EBC Formula drift brakes Nissan 240SX.
Formula drift racer Odi Bakchis had a great result last month when he ranked 7th in round 1 at Streets of Long Beach in Long Beach CA. Racing his Nissan 240SX equipped with EBC formula drift brakes, Odi qualified at 14th position during the qualification round in a line up of over 50 drivers.
Paired with fellow driver Ken Gushi, Odi’s aggressive driving style earned him steadily upward place moving advances during the race ending up within the top “Great 8” positions with Justin Pawlak that resulted in a seventh place overall finish for the race.
The next round of the Formula drift season continues at Road Atlanta in Georgia on May 9th and !0th.
The formula of brake pads Odi is using is EBC Bluestuff NDX, a high friction race and sport material that is great for use in the styles of racing that require aggressive driving such as that found in Formula drift.
For types of racing that require longer use EBC Orangestuff grade full race pads is a fantastic choice because of the faster bed in time and higher temperature threshold. The Orange grade race pads also much more kinder to the wear of the disc/rotor but do need replacing more frequently than semi-metallic brake pads that will may last longer but will need disc/rotor replacement at the same time. Other EBC formula drift brakes suitable for thsi style of racing include Yellowstuff Fastest Street, Trackday & Drift racing brake pads, offering zero brake fade amongst other suitable advantages. See product descriptions below for more details …
EBC Bluestuff Brake Pads are perfect for racing all sorts of cars and automotive sports in general as they are extremely high in friction and made from NDX forumla material that is specifically designed for aggressive driving conditions such as those found on hard surfaced race tracks. When twinned with specific quality aftermarket calipers Bluestuff brake pad NDX formula has the most efficient success rate. Read more about Bluestuff Brake Pads here!
New EBC Orangestuff Brake pads now have a longer wear life by up to 40-60% and a much more effective initial bite. Another advantage of these unique brake pads is that they offer better fade resistance on rotors even when the disc temperature are high and the discs glow red. Read more about Orangestuff brake pads!
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series – Full Race Pad
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use. Race drivers in particular love it because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. This is ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: