- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Peter Burchill back racing EBC car brakes after 18 month break
Peter Burchill is back on the racing scene again after an 18 month break. Equipped with EBC Bluestuff car brakes in his MG V6 engine saloon car, Peter encountered a fantastic return to the track when he finished second and also gained the named driver of the day status during the opening round of the Cockshoot Cup.
Peter, from Westhoughton in Bolton hasn’t competed since the end of 2013 when he finished 3rd in the same competition. He’s looking to build on his recent success in hopes of gaining some further podium positions in the fixtures to come including Donington and Silverstone.
The EBC car brakes Peter likes to use are EBC Bluestuff brake pads as they are made from a high friction sport and race material that are perfect when it comes to the aggressive driving style needed on the race track.
The next round of the Cockshoot Cup takes place at Donington Park on May 31.
Visit the Vulcan Racing website for more info: http://www.vulcanracing.co.uk/
Here is the full race report:
EBC Bluestuff Brake Pads are perfect for racing all sorts of cars and automotive sports in general as they are extremely high in friction and made from NDX formula material that is specifically designed for aggressive driving conditions such as those found on hard surfaced race tracks. When twinned with specific quality aftermarket calipers Bluestuff brake pad NDX formula has the most efficient success rate. Read more about Bluestuff Brake Pads here!
Here are some more EBC car racing brake pads:
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series – Full Race Pad
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use, race drivers in particular love them because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. These pads are ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
New EBC Orangestuff Brake pads now have a longer wear life by up to 40-60% and a much more effective initial bite. Another advantage of these unique brake pads is that they offer better fade resistance on rotors even when the disc temperatures are high and the discs glow red. Read more about Orangestuff brake pads!
Read more about Orangestuff brake pads here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: