- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Porsche 911 Racer Raymond Boyd has been in touch with us lately with news of his recent races and given us his reviews of EBC Yellowstuff and Bluestuff brake pads that he has installed on his car. Here is what he says:
Both sets have and are performing well but I cannot believe how they last on track!
My car is a 3.0ltr twin plug engine 280bhp 911 and I have been running with a servo and both sets lasted approx. 7/8 entries, 8min quali & 2 x 12 lap races, mainly at K/hill but we also visited Cadwell, Oulten, Croft & Kirkistown over last 2 years.
I prefer the Bluestuff as they bed in quicker, give great bite and pull the car up quickly without lockup and less peddle fade throughout race. The Yellowstuff take a little longer to bed and provide a dead peddle and poor stopping until they cool then they perform almost as good as Bluestuff brake pads.
I have changed to a pedal box this year and still using the Yellowstuff EBC brake pads.
All working fine and very progressive. I used to use Ferodo DS 3000 as brake set up was geared around this but think that your Bluestuff brake pads are almost equal if not better on longevity.
In the last 2 season of using EBC, your pads has contributed to consistent top 3 finishes, 2 x overall season class wins and 3rd in championship, in the SMRC Classics, against more powerful vehicles and I thanks you for your support!
Thanks and regards
Video Footage of SMRC Race 1 Knockhill 26/08/2012, On board Raymond Boyd
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series – Full Race Pad
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for trackday, race and street use. Race drivers in particular adore it because they are made from an aramid fibre compound that is ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up. Also because they get even stronger under hard driving.
EBC Bluestuff Brake Pads are perfect for racing all sorts of cars and automotive sports in general as they are extremely high in friction. They are created from NDX forumla material that is specifically designed for aggressive driving conditions such as those found on hard surfaced race tracks. When twinned with specific quality aftermarket calipers Bluestuff brake pad NDX formula has the most efficient success rate. Read more about Bluestuff Brake Pads here!