- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Porsche 911 Wins SMRC Championship 2016 with EBC race brake pads
Raymond Boyd has done it yet again and has won the SMRC Scottish Classics and Saloons Series Championship using EBC race brake pads. As in previous years, Raymond has kept with his winning formula and has installed EBC Yellowstuff and Bluestuff race pads on his Porsche 911. These race formulated professional brake pads give high friction performance and are the driver’s perfect choice for the track.
Here’s Raymond’s season round up:
I thought it was about time I updated you to the results at the end of the 2016 season for my Porsche 911 running EBC sponsored Yellowstuff racing brake pads, Bluestuff NDX brake pads and brake fluid in the SMRC Scottish Classics and Saloons.
With the 2nd October finale looming, I had a 100% class win record and was leading the championship overall by three points and was wholly focused on ensuring car reliability to maintain or grow this position to the end of the season. The October meeting was low in attendance but the weather was kind and the 911 had been fully prepped and new Bluestuff NDX brake pads and brake fluid added with new tyres to ensure the best result possible.
Well you could not have wished for the final outcome… 2 x 1st in class wins and driver of the day to clinch the Championship for the 2nd time in 3 years by 21pts. To say I was pleased was an understatement. The car performed flawlessly all season and the brakes were outstanding. In fact the brakes all season have again been immense and having the sponsorship and varied range of pads to choose from has allowed me to change braking depending on weather conditions etc and this has been a major learn for me during this season which I could not have done without EBC continued support.
So I am now Scottish Champion for the second time with your fine products and I am looking forward to next year where we are planning some exciting upgrades to attempt to win back to back championships in the SMRC Classic Championship.
Hopefully we can continue this very successful relationship that will assist in a very successful season with a new revamped Porsche 911 performance package that will require the best EBC can provide.
Thanks and Regards Team EBC
More EBC racing brakes information:
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series Brake Pads
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use, race drivers in particular love them because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. These pads are ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
EBC Bluestuff Brake Pads are perfect for racing all sorts of cars and automotive sports in general as they are extremely high in friction and made from NDX formula material that is specifically designed for aggressive driving conditions such as those found on hard surfaced race tracks. When twinned with specific quality aftermarket calipers Bluestuff brake pad NDX formula has the most efficient success rate. Read more about Bluestuff Brake Pads here!
EBC Ultimax Slotted USR Brake Rotors are manufactured using premium disc blanks. These rotors benefit from quiet running which is all down to the narrower multi-slot design and the progressive angle at which the slots are machined. This has the benefit of removing dirt, gas, water and debris and having the advantage of parallel pad wear.
Read more about EBC Brakes Ultimax Slotted USR Brake Rotors here!
EBC GD Series brake disc rotors are now available in a “thermic black” finish and feature wide aperture slots that draw cool air under the brake pad and rotor interface which help cool the temperature of the brake pad contact that can easily and often shoot up to well over 1000 degrees during heavy braking and can cause brake fade or loss of brake effect – the cool effective use of the slots helps prevent this.
Read about other features of the GD brake disc rotor here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: