- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Team Gigglepin tackle French mountains with EBC 4×4 Brakes
Team Gigglepin had a great start to their 2015 season when they recently tackled the French Mountains and won! Equipped with EBC Yellowstuff brake pads suitable for 4×4, truck or SUV to help with the extremely challenging conditions, the team were more than prepared for the French Xtrem Warriors Challenge.
The Team, which consists of Jim Marsden and Portuguese co-driver Helder Rocha, had been hoping to join in the legendary French mountain event for the last eight years, but were unable to due to other calendar clashes. They journeyed in fabulous weather through the stunning French scenery to arrive at Montmorin for the event reception with a large number of other contestants all ready to do battle over the 4 days to come.
The event consisted of 22 hard stages that were graded with varying colours, ranging from yellow for easy to black as the most difficult. The first stage they encountered was through sticky clay and deep water. They were getting into a steady pace when disaster struck at midday after a water hose busted whilst being suspended on two winch ropes at a 45 degree angle. It took two hours to repair giving the team a 7th place overall finish for the day.
The next stage was even harder than the last with vertical waterfalls, steep cliff faces, huge rocks, vast gulleys and deep pools. The guys completed all 22 stages then began to tackle the last stage which consisted of more challenging clay conditions. After a good start the fan belt of their vehicle encountered problems in the thick mud, but despite the setback they still managed to jump 5 places to overall second.
During the last stage that was performed backwards, the guys completed it relieved that they had got through and were received by an enthusiastic crowd, before they went on to the final part known as the swimming pool that consists of 50 meters of cold murky water. They managed to trawl through before clawing up the final slope then waited to find out the results of their endeavours through the steep valleys and slopes of Montmorin. The results came through and the team were overjoyed to hear their first place win announcement.
It’s a great start to 2015 for Gigglepin racing, with Allen and Ben winning the Welsh Xtrem in March and Jim and Helder conquering the French Xtrem in April.
Many thanks once again to our amazing Team and families at home and aboard that work tirelessly in the background to make these victories possible.
Special Thanks to our amazing sponsors that have the continued faith and belief in our Team and give us fantastic support. We could not do it without you all.
Next stop is the Croatia Trophy in three short weeks. There are going to be a lot of late nights….
Read the full race report by Jim Marsden at the link below:
More EBC 4×4 brake pad product details:
Owing to its huge heat range, EBC Yellowstuff truck brakes benefits a large range of vehicles including the fastest street use type of higher horsepower sedans to Trackday. For race use on most street based cars and even as a brake upgrade on Trucks and SUV. Yellowstuff works especially well on Trucks for towing heavy loads and where wheel oversize upgrades have been fitted and are designed to stop the heaviest vehicle and fastest driver in a heartbeat!
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Truck Sport brake pads here!
Greenstuff Brake Pads 7000 Series
Greenstuff Brake Pads 7000 Series are the ultimate SUV or 4×4 front end brake pads and stop much faster and have a high longevity with nearly zero brake fade. These brake pads include chamfers and slots, are fully shimmed and come coated with Brake-in coating for fast bed-in.
Read more about Greenstuff brake pads here!
The new EBC Extra Duty brake pads for light Truck, Jeep and SUV provide better stopping power, zero noise and longer life span. Using new ECO friendly technology during the manufacturing process, the EFI team have created an unusually high friction brake pad material that is ideal for street use with strong brake effect when braking from cold. Read more here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: