- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
EBC Brakes Sponsorship at Motocross Nationals CMRC 2014
EBC Brakes have been heavily sponsoring the Motocross Nationals in Canada again this year (2014). The Motocross Nationals is a hugely successful annual event put on by the CMRC (Canadian Motorsport Racing Corp), that attracts thousands of avid motocross racing fans and top rated competitors from around the world. It receives exposure via television in as many as seventy countries worldwide. EBC Brakes are pleased to be involved in the biggest Powersports event in Canada.
EBC also support the motocross racing industry by manufacturing the best brakes for the sport. Brake pads such as MXS Series Race Pads, Carbon X or TT Brake Pads are specifically designed to cope with all kinds of environments, be it muddy or dry. To go with these disc rotors such as Oversize MX Disc Rotors do a great job as they are kind on the brake pads and provide enhanced brake control by up to 30%.
Here is a link to the official Motocross Nationals website: https://www.mxnationals.ca/
Here is some more EBC motocross brake product information:
EBC MXS series Moto-X race brake pads are a great choice for motocross racing as they are suitable in all weather conditions be it wet or dry as that found in motocross racing. This is because they are made from sintered copper alloy giving them the highest rated HH friction for maximum performance and stopping power. This double H formula also ensures these race specific brake pads have a long lifetime of use. Read more about MXS Series Race Pads here.
Also known as Carbon Enduro formula pads, these brakes have the unique benefit of having lower heat transfer and generation, although they don’t have the same life span as that of a sintered copper brake pad. The carbon X or TT brake pad is ideal for riding in dry off-road conditions.
Read more about Carbon X or TT Brake Pads here!
EBC Brakes Oversize MX Disc Rotors are a fully floating with 280mm optimum diameter. Fully floating are perfect for motocross racing as the rotors resists warping better and handle heat loads more efficiently. They are British laser profiled and built with precision engineering and are lightweight with a contoured profile rotor blade that aids self cleaning outside profiled curves.
The rotor blade is Manufactured from German Mill Rolled Stainless steel rotor and the centre hub is decorated with EBC logo that looks great on any bike. Equipped with a six button stainless steel drive button system and comes with a billet aluminium relocation bracket designed and created by MX Expert Ted Devol in California.
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: