- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Drive safely with EBC Brakes on Road Safety Week!
EBC Brakes are keen to share information and tips on how to drive safely this week as it’s Road Safety Week. Starting today and for the rest of this week EBC will be posting daily tips about how to prevent accidents by being safety aware.
Road Safety Week is an annual project and also the UK’s biggest road safety event involving thousands of organisations, schools and communities that has been up and running since 1997. This year Road Safety Week is running from 21st to 27th November 2016. The event is organised by Brake whose mission is to raise awareness about road safety and offer lots of helpful information in the form of posters, action packs, online videos and other professional resources such as downloads etc. They also provide the opportunity to become involved and create donations for such an important cause.
EBC Brakes are keen to give advice on driving safely and most of all remind motorist, motorcyclist’s and mountain bike riders alike the importance of having good working brake products fitted to their vehicle of choice by professionals such as brake fitting centres. Visit the EBC articles area to see lots of useful information on Fitting and replacing automotive brakes, Fitting and replacing motorcycle brakes and responsible mountain bike driving.
Visit the EBC article pages index for more: /ebc-technical-brake-articles/
Visit the Road Safety Week website to get involved and find out some valuable information on how to promote safe driving. Click the link below:
Or visit the Road Safety Week social media sites at the following links: