- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Truck & Jeep Fest Ontario, Ca – 6/8 – 6/9 2013
The 2013 Truckfest Ontario stop went very well over the second weekend of June. Ontario is suspected to be the biggest show in the tour. Off Road and Jeep enthusiast from all over California showed up to view their favorite products and vehicles.
This was an impressive show for its size. It had by far the largest turn out I have seen at any of the 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest shows. The crowds were consistent which made for little to no down time. Our Yellowstuff and Extra Duty were the most talked about pads as usual at Truckfest shows. USR series fine slotted sport rotors and the top selling EBC GD series slotted and dimpled rotors received equal attention. More and more people are reading about and seeing our advertising for the Extra Duty pads and I was constantly asked about their release throughout both days.
Four wheel parts are the USA largest retailer and wholesaler of parts for all types of vehicles specializing in Jeep and light truck parts as well as SUV and details of their products can be seen here www.4wheelparts.com
EBC Brakes produce the worlds largest range of discs brakes for cars trucks and motorcycles.
The open fronted booth set up worked out great. Conversation was much more casual without the table and product in the way and we were able to keep people in the booth longer.
Sunday was surprisingly busy. As soon as the show started people were piling into the convention center. We had a steady flow of visitors to the booth. This was a nice surprise.
EBC Ultimax Slotted Brake Rotors are manufactured using premium disc blanks. These rotors benefit from quiet running which is all down to the narrower multi slot design and the progressive angle at which the slots are machined. This has benefit of removing dirt, gas, water and debris and having the advantage of parallel pad wear.
Read more about EBC Brakes Utlimax Slotted Brake Rotors here!
EBC GD Series brake disc rotors feature wide aperture slots that draw cool air under the brake pad and rotor interface which help cool the temperature of the brake pad contact that can easily and often shoot up to well over 1000 degrees. During heavy braking and can cause brake fade or loss of brake effect so the cool effective use of the slots helps prevent this.
Read about other features of the GD brake disc rotor here!
The new EBC Extra Duty brake pads for light Truck, Jeep and SUV provide better stopping power, zero noise and longer life span. Using new ECO friendly technology during the manufacturing process, the EFI team have created unusually high friction brake pad material that is ideal for street use with strong brake effect when braking from cold.
Read more about Extra Duty Brake Pads here!