- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Bill Stunts installs EBC motorcycle X rotor onto Honda CBRF4i
Bill Miller aka Bill Stunts has produced a video demonstrating how he installs an EBC Floating X series rotor onto his Honda CBRF4i motorcycle. To compliment the rotor he also installed Double-H™ Sintered Superbike Brake Pads to give his motorcycle super high efficiency for performing stunts at his shows and events.
Floating X series rotors are a superb choice to fit on a motorcycle stunt bike because of their ultra lightweight frame. They also feature the SD-System Square button drive, a patented system which consists of square sided rivets that slot precisely into the pockets around the rotor and hub to allow heat contraction during use to prevent rivet lock.
What better pads to go with X series rotors thanthe market leading Double-H™ Brake Pads, made out of sintered material that provides the perfect formula for stunt performances in all kinds of weather conditions and gives a long lasting high performance solution.
More EBC Rotors product details:
EBC floating MC rotors or X & XC brake disc rotors as they are sometimes known are ultra lightweight, best selling and best performance discs available for all modern racing sport bikes. The rotors benefit from the EBC Brakes unique and patented S-Drive button system that features square sided rivets captured in square drive pockets on the hub and rotor. These are in place to allow the outer rotor blade to expand and contract freely under the heat of braking without suffering rivet lock.
Read more about Floating MC Rotors here!
The fully floating EBC Vee-Rotors™ are designed in line with ongoing trends for motorcycle riders who want to customise their bikes rather than just replace the parts. These lightweight rotors are available in standard black but also come in a range of stunning colour options.
They also feature patented SD system hardware and are fully stainless steel heat treated and tempered back to the optimum hardness to give the optimum performance. The Vee-Rotor™ is also available for rear use.
Read more about Vee-Rotors™ here!
With central hubs available in four different colours, yellow, green, blue or red, these Vee-Rotors are available by special order and also feature the patented SD system hardware like the standard black ones.
Read more about Vee-Rotors™ here!
EBC Brakes Black Chrome Rotors for Big Twins
EBC Brakes black chrome rotors for big twins are manufactured with a polished stainless and black chrome centre hub. These are fully floating disc rotors designed for US built big twins and cruisers.
Read more about Black Chrome Rotors for Big Twins here!
Polished Stainless Rotors for Big Twins are floating disc brakes and feature stainless steel centre hubs incorporated with EBC SD System square drive button technology. They are designed to offset the chance of vibration providing an overall improvement as well as looking robust and sturdy.
Read more about Polished Stainless Rotors for Big Twins here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: