- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
…with newly recruited engineer Lewis Holliday. Lewis is accredited with 11 GCSE passes and a Distinction 4 x A* passes in his BTEC National Diploma and is a fully time served Engineering Apprentice with great talents and skills and joins Steve Payne head of R and D as a Friction Materials Research Engineering student at the EBC factory in Bristol UK.
EBC Brakes make the largest range of disc brake pads in the world and is proud of its prowess in the design of Friction Materials. Steve Payne current head of R and D selected Lewis from a group of applicants for the new post and joins all of us in welcoming Lewis to this challenging new job. Steve Payne is one on the worlds leading friction material experts and has been with the EBC Brakes group for 12 years after a short gap and will be a great mentor for Lewis and others joining the EBC Brakes R and D team in the years to come.
EBC Brakes is proud of its products and its people.