- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Installation of Laser Cutting Machine as part of EBC Brakes Expansion
As part of EBC Brakes’ expansion plans, we are pleased to have taken delivery of a ByStar 8Kw Fibre 3015 Dyamic Edition F8000 laser cutting machine which features an extended loading system capable of holding up to 6 tonnes of material.
Once operational, this start of the art machine will produce solid motorcycle brake discs as well as brake rotors for our floating motorcycle brake discs. This machine has the capabilities to produce back plates for brake pads for niche markets and low volume requirements giving us greater flexibility and the capacity to fulfil all customers’ needs.
The machine will be operational within the next few months, alongside our brake caliper manufacturing unit and centre of excellence.
Here is some more EBC product information:
EBC floating MC rotors or X & XC brake disc rotors as they are sometimes known, are ultra lightweight, best selling and best performance discs available for all modern racing sport bikes. The rotors benefit from the EBC Brakes unique and patented S-Drive button system that features square sided rivets captured in square drive pockets on the hub and rotor. These are in place to allow the outer rotor blade to expand and contract freely under the heat of braking without suffering rivet lock.
Read more about Floating MC Rotors here!
The fully floating EBC Vee-Rotors™ are designed in line with ongoing trends for motorcycle riders who want to customise their bikes rather than just replace the parts. These lightweight rotors are available in standard black but also come in a range of stunning colour options.
They also feature patented SD system hardware and are fully stainless steel heat treated and tempered back to the optimum hardness to give the optimum performance. The Vee-Rotor™ is also available for rear use.
Read more about Vee-Rotors™ here!
EBC Brakes Black Chrome Rotors for Big Twins
EBC Brakes black chrome rotors for big twins are manufactured with a polished stainless and black chrome centre hub. These are fully floating disc rotors designed for US built big twins and cruisers.
Read more about Black Chrome Rotors for Big Twins here!
EBC Brakes’ range of UK manufactured high performance braided steel brake lines are 100% pressure tested, guaranteed to be leak free and give a firmer, more responsive feel compared to rubber lines.
All of our brake lines not only meet our own stringent standards but they are also approved by TÜV, DOT, ADR and ISO.
All of our brake line kits are a direct replacement of the original manufacturers lines therefore they fit first time, every time – no need for adjusting angles or using universal fittings that do not fit.
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: