- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
3 races 3 wins for Joe Burns using EBC super grippy racing brake pads
Long term EBC sponsored rider Joe Burns has had a stunning start to his 2014 season when he accomplished 3 wins in 3 races using EBC super grippy GPFAX racing brake pads.
Joe Burns and his team had the opportunity the other weekend at Croft to race in the North East Motorcycle Racing Club event. Riding his development British Superbike machine equipped with EBC GPFAX super grippy racing brake pads and stainless steel MD brake disc rotors, Joe had a soggy start when heavy rain hampered the Friday practise ending in Joe aquaplaning and coming off his bike at one stage. Luckily there was no damage done to Joe or the bike apart from a few scratches here and there.
During Saturdays racing Joe experienced further hitches when he had huge problems with his gearbox that actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise allowing it to be repaired, so as to prevent further crashes in future important Championship races.
On the Sunday Joe had his best day by far when he won all three of his races with an easy 7 seconds or more. Along with this he achieved three fastest laps too! Joe will be appearing next in the 1st round of the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship race over Easter weekend at Brands Hatch.
See full race report here:
The new GPFAX Formula Sintered Race pads are a direct replacement of the GPFA series. This new formula is even more higher in friction and created specifically to be used only on asphalt surfaces such as those found in race track conditions. Because of the super performance that they provide these brake pads are a growing favourite choice by superbike racers.
Another benefit of the new GPFAX sintered material is that it now has even better heat cycling ability allowing the brake pads to be raced, cooled then raced again.
Read more about GPFAX brake pads here!
EBC MD Stainless Steel rear brake rotors are ideal for motocross race use as they are manufactured using stainless steel and feature a hole pattern construction that aids to their lightweight nature. Added to this the brake disc rotors are also zinc plated to avoid corrosion making them durable in all sorts of racing terrain such as that of mud or dry stony conditions. Read more about EBC Stainless Steel Rear Brake Rotors here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: