- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
I was testing at Brands GP circuit yesterday. Used the Brembo racing discs for first session, and then for the next session fitted the spare wheels with your EBC X-Series racing discs. Took it easy for the session to give them a chance to bed in, went out in the next session after they were left to cool, and they were definitely an improvement over Brembo’s racing disc.
The feel was really progressive, but positive and extremely powerful under hard braking. I also felt the bike was more controlled over front brake trailing into fast corners. The combination of your GPFA compound racing pads and the X-Series brake discs gives me the best brake I have ever had.