- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Chris Bailey takes 7/7 overall wins with EBC enduro brakes!
Chris Bailey has won the Endurolands Race XC Championship yet again and also managed to achieve seven out of seven overall wins along with seven class wins! Equipped with EBC “R” Series enduro brake pads on his KTMSX85 2012 bike, Chris wrapped up his season with another overall championship victory for the 4th time in a row!
Here is the race report:
This was the last race of the season with Endurolands Race XC championship. The race was held at Seals Farm Chacombe. The race has always started with a line up of bikes in the different classes, a good turn out with 35+ riders. And a few new faces. The race started at 09:30 with the 125 and 85 BW.
Chris had a bad start as he hit neutral while pulling away, so was 5th off the line, but soon caught up before the first corner with some brave late braking and took second place out the corner. With only a small gap to first, by the third corner Chris had taken 1st place. Chris enjoys this track and you could tell, after a few laps he found his groove, and started to pull away from the rest of the pack. With his consistent riding yet again, man and machine rode well for the 90 mins race.
The only stop to pit was for a quick refuel around 50 mins into the race. After which Chris continued to push to make back the lost time. When the flag dropped he finished with over a 2 minute lead, more importantly the win. 7 out of 7.
It feels like the end of an era, Chris’s last race in Endurolands kids Race XC. What a journey it’s been. 65cc, two 85cc SW and 85cc BW winner, 4 championships in a row. But this year has been the year for Chris, 7 class wins and 7 overall wins. With some great riders to push him along with some really close racing. So the race season starts again next March, new class (adult youth) new bike, and lots of winter training. Great riding son keep it up, and ride safe.
Report by Jon and Claire Bailey
Here are more EBC off-road motocross and enduro brake product details:
ATV Sintered Brake Pads or ‘R’ Series are one EBC product that is designed with a high density sintered copper material that offers very high durability and a high resistance to water, mud, sand and is excellent at coping with all manner of off road racing conditions such as those found in ATV racing.
Read more about ATV sintered race pads here!
EBC MXS series Moto-X race brake pads are a great choice for use in all weather conditions, be it wet, or dry as found in motocross racing. This is because of their highest rated HH friction for maximum performance and stopping power. The double H formula also ensures these race specific brake pads have a long lifetime of use. Read more about MXS Series Race Pads here.
Also known as Carbon Enduro formula pads, these brakes have the unique benefit of having lower heat transfer and generation, although they don’t have the same life span as that of a sintered copper brake pad.
Read more about Carbon X or TT Brake Pads here!
Motocross MD Series rotors are manufactured from durable and tough heat treated premium German mill rolled stainless steel in the Northampton based EBC plant. The diamond ground surface finish is heat treated to give longer lasting performance, the type of which is of vital importance during motocross racing. Read more about Motocross MD Series Rotors here!
Motocross Contour rotors are great for motocross racing as they are an ultra lightweight profiled contour series rotor ideal for OE replacement. They are manufactured from durable heat treated stainless steel and given a zinc coat for rust prevention, making them tough and resilient in all types of terrain.
Read more about Motocross Contour Rotors here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: