- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Cormac Conroy racing with EBC motorcycle brakes for the 7th season
Irish superbike racer Cormac Conroy, who is now in his seventh year racing with EBC motorcycle brakes, has a busy time ahead over the next few months. This is what he has planned:
We have an ambitious plan of events for 2017 as usual.. We plan racing as many events as possible during the season in the UK & Europe, the current plans are as follows:
- Contest the ‘UK King of Classics’ & ‘Classic 1300cc’ Championships.
- Contest the CRMC ‘Post Classic Superbike 2’, CRMC ‘Formula 750’, & CRMC ‘Classic 1300cc’ Championships (Brendan Ryan Triumph Triples & Moto Martin Kawasaki).
- Contest Two Rounds of the FIM European Vintage Cup. (Brendan Ryan Triumph Triples).
- Contest the FIM ECS Classic Endurance Series Championship. (Team Classic Racer Nice)
None of this would be possible without the generous support of my sponsors, of which EBC have been an important part over the past seven seasons. Thank you for your continued support for the 2017 season and I, as always, will continue to be a good ambassador and promote your products to the best of my ability.
Cormac Conroy’s Facebook page:
More EBC Brakes motorcycle racing product information:
The GPFAX Formula Sintered Race pads are a direct replacement of the GPFA series. This formula is even higher in friction and created specifically to be used only on asphalt surfaces such as those found in race track conditions. Because of the super performance that they provide, these brake pads are a growing favourite choice of superbike racers.
Another benefit of the GPFAX sintered material is that it now has even better heat cycling ability allowing the brake pads to be raced, cooled, then raced again.
Read more about GPFAX brake pads here!
EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads
EBC Extreme Pro brake pads, also known as EPFA brake pads, are the racers choice for superbike racing and are excellent for street use too! These brake pads are fantastic for motorcycle racing as the compound they are made from has extra friction stabilizing additives that totally improve the ‘heat cycling’ braking effect.
Read more about EPFA brake pads here!
EBC floating MC rotors or X & XC brake disc rotors as they are sometimes known, are ultra lightweight, best selling and best performance discs available for all modern racing sport bikes. The rotors benefit from the EBC Brakes unique and patented S-Drive button system that features square sided rivets captured in square drive pockets on the hub and rotor. These are in place to allow the outer rotor blade to expand and contract freely under the heat of braking without suffering rivet lock.
Read more about Floating MC Rotors here!
EBC Brakes’ range of UK manufactured high performance braided steel brake lines are 100% pressure tested, guaranteed to be leak free and give a firmer, more responsive feel compared to rubber lines.
All of our brake lines not only meet our own stringent standards but they are also approved by TÜV, DOT, ADR and ISO.
All of our brake line kits are a direct replacement of the original manufacturers lines therefore they fit first time, every time – no need for adjusting angles or using universal fittings that do not fit.
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: