- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
EBC Brakes banners adorn Unadilla National 2016
EBC Brakes are proud be associated with and adorn this years’ Unadilla National with EBC logo banners, after the return of the event from a two week break on 13th August 2016. The Unadilla National took place in New Berlin, New York and was in association with the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship. The return back signaled the final stretch of racing for this popular annual outdoor series that attracted millions of viewers worldwide, whether attending the location or watching on live streaming through the website.
EBC manufacture a wide variety of motocross and off-road brake pads and brake disc rotors to suit all kinds of bikes such as those raced at the Unadilla National. Brake pads such as EBC MXS series Moto-X race brake pads, EBC Extreme Pro™ For Motocross X & Supermoto Use, ‘R’ Series Sintered Brake Pads and EBC Carbon X or TT Brake Pads are designed to cope with a mixture of outdoor terrain, weather and provide a long lasting solution for all types of off-road racing needs. EBC off-road brake disc rotors include EBC Brakes Oversize MX Disc Rotors, Motocross MD Series Rotors and Motocross Contour rotors.
Read more about the Unadilla National and the results recap at the following links:
More EBC off-road brakes product information:
EBC MXS series Moto-X race brake pads are a great choice for use in all weather conditions, be it wet, or dry as found in motocross racing. This is because of their highest rated HH friction for maximum performance and stopping power. The double H formula also ensures these race specific brake pads have a long lifetime of use. Read more about MXS Series Race Pads here.
An ultra high friction sintered brake pad formula, designed for fastest motocross race use. Extreme Pro is a high end race pad option for championship riders. All rear fitment brake pads feature solid type radiator shims to minimize heat transfer made from laser cut stainless steel. These EPFA MX brake pads also include hexagon drive slider pins.
‘R’ Series Sintered Brake Pads or ATV sintered brake pads are one EBC product that are designed with a high density sintered copper material that offer very high durability and a high resistance to water, mud, sand and are excellent at coping with all manner of off road racing conditions such as those found in ATV racing.
Read more about ATV sintered race pads here!
EBC Brakes Oversize MX Disc Rotors are fully floating with 280mm optimum diameter. Fully floating rotors are perfect for motocross racing as the rotors resist warping better and handle heat loads more efficiently. They are British laser profiled and built with precision engineering and are lightweight with a contoured profile rotor blade that aids self cleaning outside profiled curves.
The rotor blade is manufactured from German mill rolled stainless steel and the centre hub is decorated with the EBC logo that looks great on any bike.
Read more about Oversize MX Disc Rotors here!
Motocross MD Series rotors are manufactured from durable and tough heat treated premium German mill rolled stainless steel in the Northampton based EBC plant. The diamond ground surface finish is heat treated to give longer lasting performance, the type of which is of vital importance during motocross racing. Read more about Motocross MD Series Rotors here!
Motocross Contour rotors are great for motocross racing as they are an ultra lightweight profiled contour series rotor ideal for OE replacement. They are manufactured from durable heat treated stainless steel and given a zinc coat for rust prevention, making them tough and resilient in all types of terrain.
Read more about Motocross Contour Rotors here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: