- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
EBC Brakes sidecar racers achieve high performance
EBC Brakes high performance racing brakes help numerous riders achieve high results every season in many styles of racing on all kinds of vehicles, such as superbikes, motocross bikes, enduro bikes, ATVs and more increasingly sidecars. Here are some recent race reports from a couple of this season’s stars of the sidecar racing world:
The Dave Holden Racing Team
Driver: Lewis Blackstock
Passenger: Paddy Rosney
The Dave Holden racing team have had a fantastic year of racing and have really come into their own, now well established top runners in the UK.
Here are some of their achievements:
- ACU\FSRA British Formula 2 Sidecar Championship 7 starts 7 class wins (best 2nd overall)
- Isle of Man TT best newcomer
- Isle of Man TT 14th in both races (107mph Average)
- Outright Formula 2 lap record at Donnington Park GP circuit
- 9 podiums and 1 Class win in the Hyundai Heavy Industries British F600 Sidecar Championship
- Finished runner up in the Hyundai Heavy Industries British F600 sidecar.
The Dave Holden Racing Team have been using EBC Organic brake pads on their sidecar this season for all their racing needs on the track.
Visit Dave Holden Racing Facebook page for more news:
Maria Costello MBE takes up sidecar racing
Maria Costello MBE had her a dream come true recently when she attended her long awaited sidecar debut at Cadwell Park during the Auto 66 ‘Sidecar Bash’. Maria raced with passenger Harry Payne on-board the Dave De Mott built Formula 2 sidecar.
Maria, who has had one of her most successful racing seasons this year, achieved three finishes in the sidecar during the event in mixed weather conditions. They managed to obtain respectable 15th, 17th and 14th place finishes before a kerb clipping saw the duo retire from the final race.
It was still a fantastic weekend, of course I’m gutted with how it ended but I’m not deterred, it’s been a big but rewarding challenge and I’ve loved it. I’m keen to keep progressing, I’m just hugely sorry to Dave for damaging his beautiful DDM outfit and for throwing my passenger down the road. So glad we were only a bit battered and bruised. The experience has been incredible, it’s proof that it’s never too late to try something new and I really would like to pursue a career on three wheels more seriously. I can’t thank everyone, who played a part in making this happen, especially Harry, enough!
Here’s a video preview of Maria sidecar racing:
Maria plans to do more sidecar racing next year when she intends to race both solos and sidecar at the TT.
Keep up with Maria’s news and further updates on her social media sites at the following links:
Here’s more product information about EBC motorcycle and sidecar racing brakes:
EBC Organic motorcycle brake pads are Europe’s first and only ECE R90 approved brake pad. Manufactured at EFI in Bristol, these brake pads perform as well as any sintered pads, as proved by R90 compliance. This ‘aramid’ series has now been renamed Non-Asbestos Organic or NAO and is created from aramid fibre in conjunction with other high tech modern fibres. If you want a value for money all round brake pad replacement then the NAO series is the perfect choice for all levels of motorcycle and is very popular with many riders who prefer the “feel” of organic pads.
Read more about EBC Organic Motorcycle Brakes here!
The GPFAX Formula Sintered Race pads are a direct replacement of the GPFA series. This formula is even higher in friction and created specifically to be used only on asphalt surfaces such as those found in race track conditions. Because of the super performance that they provide, these brake pads are a growing favourite choice of superbike racers.
Another benefit of the GPFAX sintered material is that it now has even better heat cycling ability allowing the brake pads to be raced, cooled, then raced again.
Read more about GPFAX brake pads here!
EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads
EBC Extreme Pro brake pads, also known as EPFA brake pads, are the racers choice for superbike racing and are excellent for street use too! These brake pads are fantastic for motorcycle racing as the compound they are made from has extra friction stabilizing additives that totally improve the ‘heat cycling’ braking effect.
Read more about EPFA brake pads here!
EBC MXS series Moto-X race brake pads are a great choice for use in all weather conditions, be it wet, or dry as found in motocross racing. This is because of their highest rated HH friction for maximum performance and stopping power. The double H formula also ensures these race specific brake pads have a long lifetime of use. Read more about MXS Series Race Pads here.
Also known as Carbon Enduro formula pads, these brakes have the unique benefit of having lower heat transfer and generation, although they don’t have the same life span as that of a sintered copper brake pad.
Read more about Carbon X or TT Brake Pads here!
EBC floating MC rotors or X & XC brake disc rotors as they are sometimes known, are ultra lightweight, best selling and best performance discs available for all modern racing sport bikes. The rotors benefit from the EBC Brakes unique and patented S-Drive button system that features square sided rivets captured in square drive pockets on the hub and rotor. These are in place to allow the outer rotor blade to expand and contract freely under the heat of braking without suffering rivet lock.
Read more about Floating MC Rotors here!
EBC ATV sport rotors are manufactured in the UK from lightweight laser cut stainless steel, the new contoured profile ATV sport discs weigh much less than original OEM parts and are designed for racing. The discs are made to the exact same sizes as original parts and precision ground to perfection as a direct bolt on replacement.
Read more about ATV Sport Disc / Rotors here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: