- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
PTR Honda are celebrating their first win in the Isle of Man TT with Ulsterman Michael Dunlop after a successful and thrilling race at the opening of Supersport 2013. Michael lead the race with a just over 10 seconds with Bruce Anstey in second from the start line.
The bike was mint and all the team put a lot of work in and I’m glad to get the first win for PTR around here. I wanted to get my head down and prove what I was made of.”
EBC supports PTR Honda with its GPFA race only brake pads and is developing new race product with the team.
This is a meaningful victory for the PTR Honda team as it means that they have now won races at British Championship, World Championship, NW200 and Isle of Man TT events. Keep it up lads! 🙂
Read the full race report here:
In Other news PTR HONDA’S Sheridan Morais enjoyed a long race battle in the fith round of the World Supersport Championship for the podium at the fifth round at Donington Park in the UK, unfortunately ending in 7th position in immense pain from his recent shoulder injury.
My PTR Honda was absolutely mint and can challenge for race wins and podiums, we have proved that today. It was my shoulder that let me down; I was in so much pain at the end that all I could do was hang on. This is very positive for us, we have the bike and speed and now I have two more weeks to heal in time for the next round.
Read the full race report here:
The PTR Honda team race using EBC GPFA sintered race only brake pads for optimum control and stopping power during all their championship races. The friction level of these brake pads is extremely high and is all in the design and the technology that goes into producing them, giving them the ability them to ‘heat cycle’, warm up and cool down. This enables them the super durability needed during Superbike racing.
EBC MD Stainless Steel brake rotors are ideal for race use being manufactured from heat treated stainless steel featuring a lightweight slot and profile construction that delivers light weight and great brakes. Check out also the new EBC front fully floating Vee-Rotors™ for sport bikes and race use for improved brakes and handling Read more about these exciting new products here!