- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Good season for Cormac Conroy with EBC superbike brakes
Cormac Conroy has had an exciting season full of ups and downs and has ended up with good results, including three overall wins and four second place overall finishes, with the help of EBC superbike brakes. Here is the final race report from Cormac who returns in the New Year to race with the upcoming ‘Team Ireland’ at the ‘Phillip Island Classic’ on January 22nd – 24th.
The 2015 Racing season is finally over and what a good year it was in the end. After a crash in the first race of the season leaving me side lined for the second round of the championship at Cadwell Park with a broken wrist, collar bone & hand, to fighting back and winning the FIM Europe F750 Championship & CRMC races of the year.
It was a busy season contesting European F750 & Forgotten Era Unlimited Championships, CRMC Classic & Post Classic Superbike Championships in the UK. In Ireland I contested the Classic Superbike Championship. Unavoidably there were some clashes of events and tough choices had to be made. While leading the Irish championship I sacrificed the final round to contest the CRMC final round and ‘Race of the year’ at Snetterton. Happily I won the race of the year and consolidated 2nd place in the F750 championship at the expense of winning the Irish championship.
The final standings at the end of 2015 season as follows:
- Winner – FIM Europe Formula 750 Championship
- Second Place – FIM Europe Forgotten Era Unlimited Championship
- Winner – Classic 1300cc Race of the Year
- Winner – Post Classic Superbike Race of the Year
- Second place – CRMC Formula 750 Championship
- Second place – CRMC Post Classic Superbike Championship
- Second Place – Irish Classic Superbike Championship
2016 will start earlier than usual, I will be part of ‘Team Ireland’ at the ‘Phillip Island Classic’ which takes place from January 22nd – 24th. ‘Team Ireland’ will challenge the well established Australian, UK, USA, & New Zealand teams. I’ll keep you posted on how we get on.
Once again I want to thank my sponsors EBC without whom none of this would be possible.
More EBC superbike racing brake product details:
The GPFAX Formula Sintered Race pads are a direct replacement of the GPFA series. This formula is even higher in friction and created specifically to be used only on asphalt surfaces such as those found in race track conditions. Because of the super performance that they provide these brake pads are a growing favourite choice of superbike racers.
Another benefit of the GPFAX sintered material is that it now has even better heat cycling ability allowing the brake pads to be raced, cooled, then raced again.
Read more about GPFAX brake pads here!
EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads
EBC Extreme Pro brake pads also known as EPFA brake pads are the racers choice for superbike racing and are excellent for street use too! These brake pads are fantastic for motorcycle racing as the compound they are made from has extra friction stabilizing additives that totally improve the ‘heat cycling’ braking effect.
Read more about EPFA brake pads here!
EBC floating MC rotors or X & XC brake disc rotors as they are sometimes known are ultra lightweight, best selling and best performance discs available for all modern racing sport bikes. The rotors benefit from the EBC Brakes unique and patented S-Drive button system that features square sided rivets captured in square drive pockets on the hub and rotor. These are in place to allow the outer rotor blade to expand and contract freely under the heat of braking without suffering rivet lock.
Read more about Floating MC Rotors here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: