- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Great results for Zen Pro Racing in Baja 1000 with EBC off-road brakes
The Zen Pro Racing Team once again achieved great results when they competed recently in the Baja 1000. The team were racing on various EBC equipped off-road vehicles including a Pro UTV and motocross bikes with brakes designed to cope in the rough and dusty desert conditions such as those of the incredible 800 mile Baja 1000 race.
Kirsten Matlock claimed a second place finish on her #1954 Pro UTV and also was the first ever female racer in history to ride solo in her class non-stop though the day and night.
Josear Carrasco managed to gain a third place finish in the Pro Ironman Class, racing against the odds for a whopping twenty six hours through the toughest terrain only stopping to refuel along the way. Danny Magdeleno finished in 4th place in the Sportsman Quad class.
This year’s Baja 1000, held by the SCORE International Off-road Racing Organisation, is the 49th event and ran from 16th to 20th November. The 800 mile race runs in a loop that begins and ends in Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico. The Baja 1000 invites various types of off-road vehicle classes to compete including small to large bore motorcycles, desert buggies, trucks, UTVs and custom built vehicles.
The Zen Pro Racing Team depend on EBC off-road brakes for their high quality durability to cope with the hours of non-stop racing across all kinds of desert terrain. Please see more product information below.
EBC MXS series Moto-X race brake pads are a great choice for use in all weather conditions, be it wet, or dry as found in motocross racing. This is because of their highest rated HH friction for maximum performance and stopping power. The double H formula also ensures these race specific brake pads have a long lifetime of use. Read more about MXS Series Race Pads here.
‘R’ Series Sintered Brake Pads or ATV sintered brake pads are one EBC product that are designed with a high density sintered copper material that offer very high durability and a high resistance to water, mud, sand and are excellent at coping with all manner of off road racing conditions such as those found in ATV racing.
Read more about ATV sintered race pads here!
Also known as Carbon Enduro formula pads, these brakes have the unique benefit of having lower heat transfer and generation, although they don’t have the same life span as that of a sintered copper brake pad.
Read more about Carbon X or TT Brake Pads here!
If you require durability for all your off road riding needs then these are the brake pads to use! SV Severe Duty ATV Pads are made from a high density sintered copper alloy for longest life possible. They are designed to work hard especially in the wettest, muddiest, dusty and dirty conditions like those found during off road riding and racing.
Read more about SV Series Severe Duty Sintered brake pads here!
EBC ATV sport rotors are manufactured in the UK from lightweight laser cut stainless steel, the new contoured profile ATV sport discs weigh much less than original OEM parts and are designed for racing. The discs are made to the exact same sizes as original parts and precision ground to perfection as a direct bolt on replacement.
Read more about ATV Sport Disc / Rotors here!
EBC Brakes Oversize MX Disc Rotors are fully floating with 280mm optimum diameter. Fully floating rotors are perfect for motocross racing as the rotors resist warping better and handle heat loads more efficiently. They are British laser profiled and built with precision engineering and are lightweight with a contoured profile rotor blade that aids self cleaning outside profiled curves.
The rotor blade is manufactured from German mill rolled stainless steel and the centre hub is decorated with the EBC logo that looks great on any bike.
Read more about Oversize MX Disc Rotors here!
Motocross MD Series rotors are manufactured from durable and tough heat treated premium German mill rolled stainless steel in the Northampton based EBC plant. The diamond ground surface finish is heat treated to give longer lasting performance, the type of which is of vital importance during motocross racing. Read more about Motocross MD Series Rotors here!
Motocross Contour rotors are great for motocross racing as they are an ultra lightweight profiled contour series rotor ideal for OE replacement. They are manufactured from durable heat treated stainless steel and given a zinc coat for rust prevention, making them tough and resilient in all types of terrain.
Read more about Motocross Contour Rotors here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: