- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
EBC assisted rider Joe Burns has had an exciting and solid start to the season recently when he raced at Thruxton last weekend of 12th, 13th, 14th April in the Pireli National Superstock 1000 Championship. During the three days of racing in mixed weather conditions of sunshine and showers Joe managed to achieve very respectable finish places just narrowly missing a podium finish in the Sunday race. Joe managed to finish a respectable 4th place on the leadership board.
Read the full race report here: Joe Burns Thruxton April 2013 PDF
Joe is very happy with his enthusiastic start to the season and with the way his Kawasaki bike fitted with EBC X-Series brake disc rotors and GPFA sintered road racing brake pads performed. He’s looking very much forward to the next championship race that takes place over the Bank Holiday Weekend of 4th – 6th May at Oulton Park.
Joe Burn’s first race of the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship season took place in April between 5th – 7th at Brands Hatch. During the three days of racing Joe used careful riding tactics to achieve consistent lap times whilst also gaining the fastest lap time and finishing in 8th place and 8 points towards the championship score.
Joe also has had his new website go live and you can see all his latest news here: www.joeburns53.com
Championship racer Joe Burns has been successfully using GPFA – The race only Sintered series brake pads now for a couple of years and swears by the powerful control they consistently give him round fast race track corners. This is mostly down to the extra friction and help with heat cycling that they offer.
Read more about GPFA brake pads here!