- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Kawasaki superbike rider Tim Hastings managed to secure a second podium win at Donington Park in the World Superbike meeting last weekend. Tim who has EBC GPFA brake pads and stainless steel rear brake discs on his bike and his Team E-Lights Kawasaki had a much more successful weekend following the disappointing experienced at Oulton Park. During Sundays race he finished with a 3rd place podium place in round Four of the Pirelli National Superstock 600 Championship.
Read the full race report here: http://www.timhastingsracing.co.uk/reports.html
“Donington was another very good round for the E-Lites Kawasaki team and Tim continues to look very comfortable on the ZX6R. In the four rounds so far he has surpassed all his goals and continues to improve each time he gets on the bike, and although there are still areas we need to improve on, I am happy with how the season is progressing. A second podium in four races is testimony to how hard the team is working and we will continue to strive for more wins.“
”I am happy to have secured a second podium but disappointed not to have won the race. All three of us wanted the win and to be fair the racing clean and great fun. The E-Lites Kawasaki is working so well and my team got it spot on with the changes to the rear suspension that I felt I should have done better, but another good points haul means we are still in a good position in the overall standings. Another bonus is that we come back to Donington in September and get another shot at getting onto the top step of the podium.”
Team E-Lights Kawasaki race using EBC GPFA sintered race only brake pads for great control on the track. They also give supper grippy stopping power in all weather conditions during their championship races. The friction level of the GPFA brake pads is very high and is all because of the design and the technology that goes into producing the sintered formula, giving them the ability them to ‘heat cycle’, warm up and cool down. This enables them the super durability and longevity needed during Superbike racing. Read more about GPFA sintered race only brake pads here!
EBC MD Stainless Steel rear brake rotors are ideal for race use as they are made using stainless steel and feature a hole pattern construction that aids to their lightweight nature. Added to this the brake disc rotors are also zinc plated to avoid corrosion making them durable in all sorts of racing terrain such as that of mud or dry stony conditions. Read more about EBC Stainless Steel Rear Brake Rotors here!