- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Zen Pro Racing utilize EBC Brakes for off-road performance
Mo Martinez of Zen Pro racing sent her appreciation to EBC Brakes for the off-road brakes that the team utilize in all their race events throughout the season. The team raced last weekend and have one more race to go on Dec 20th to close this years’ season.
When off road performance is everything, turn to the Industry’s leading manufacturer of braking components – EBC Brakes. Proud sponsors of the Zen Pro Racing team! Thanks again for everything!
The type of off-road brakes the team use are as follows:
Off-road brake pads:
An ultra high friction sintered brake pad formula, designed for fastest motocross race use. Extreme Pro is a high end race pad option for championship riders. All rear fitment brake pads feature solid type radiator shims to minimize heat transfer made from laser cut stainless steel. These EPFA MX brake pads also include hexagon drive slider pins.
EBC MXS series Moto-X race brake pads are a great choice for use in all weather conditions, be it wet, or dry as found in motocross racing. This is because of their highest rated HH friction for maximum performance and stopping power. The double H formula also ensures these race specific brake pads have a long lifetime of use. Read more about MXS Series Race Pads here.
‘R’ Series Sintered Brake Pads or ATV sintered brake pads are one such EBC product that are designed with a high density sintered copper material that offer very high durability and a high resistance to water, mud, sand and excellent at coping with all manner of off road racing conditions as those found in ATV racing.
Read more about ATV sintered race pads here!
Also known as Carbon Enduro formula pads, these brakes have the unique benefit of having lower heat transfer and generation, although they don’t have the same life span as that of a sintered copper brake pad.
Read more about Carbon X or TT Brake Pads here!
If you require durability for all your off road riding needs then these are the brake pads to use! SV Severe Duty ATV Pads are made from a high density sintered copper alloy for longest life possible. They are designed to work hard especially in the wettest, muddiest, dusty and dirty conditions like those found during off road riding and racing.
Read more about SV Series Severe Duty Sintered brake pads here!
Off-road brake rotors:
EBC Brakes Oversize MX Disc Rotors are fully floating with 280mm optimum diameter. Fully floating rotors are perfect for motocross racing as the rotors resist warping better and handle heat loads more efficiently. They are British laser profiled and built with precision engineering and are lightweight with a contoured profile rotor blade that aids self cleaning outside profiled curves.
The rotor blade is manufactured from German mill rolled stainless steel and the centre hub is decorated with the EBC logo that looks great on any bike.
Read more about Oversize MX Disc Rotors here!
CX Extreme motocross rotors are the latest and the greatest motocross brake disc rotor. Designed in a lightweight profiled contour, this motocross brake looks great with the vee design, they self clean as well as give great performance. Manufactured from heat treated and tempered stainless steel.
Read more about CX Extreme™ Rotors here!
EBC ATV sport rotors are manufactured in the UK from lightweight laser cut stainless steel, the new contoured profile ATV sport discs weigh much less than original OEM parts and are designed for racing. The discs are made to the exact same sizes as original parts and precision ground to perfection as a direct bolt on replacement.
Read more about ATV Sport Disc / Rotors here!
Motocross Contour rotors are great for motocross racing as they are an ultra lightweight profiled contour series rotor ideal for OE replacement. They are manufactured from durable heat treated stainless steel and given a zinc coat for rust prevention, making them tough and resilient in all types of terrain.
Read more about Motocross Contour Rotors here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: