- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
My initial impressions of this pad’s (still in process of bedding in the pads/rotors) braking performance can only be rated as AWESOME!!! These pads will help your car stop on a dime and will give you a dollar back!! Also,I have had ABSOLUTELY ZERO noise from the pads.
On the down side, I am experiencing the infamous Lexus OEM levels of dusting with these pads. The dusting with Lexus OEM pads was so bad, Lexus issued a service bulletin to replace the pads to less dust pads when customers complained. I am hoping that once the new pads and rotors are completely bedded in, the dust will be minimized.
Just on braking performance, these pads deserve 10 stars. However, due to the dust levels which I hope will improve over time, I rated these pads only 4 stars.
I would definitely recommend these pads to anyone who is looking for a high performance brake pad.
Redstuff Ceramic – 3000 Series
Redstuff Ceramic 3000 Series brake pads are highly suitable for faster prestige cars of above 200BHP and are EBC Brakes flagship street brake pad material. Known for it’s low dust ability, Redstuff brakes uses the latest blend to reduce the event of brake pad “pick up” or disc scoring that reduces the dust even further.
There are a couple of reasons why EBC Brakes customers love Redstuff brakes, one is because the lowest dust factor brake pad at 60-90% giving minimal dust that can safely be removed with a wipe of a sponge wash with no steel fibre particles that can be found in ALL OTHER brake pads. The second reason is because they brake like an alligator from cold (just as good as the Original brake pads or better) and improve as they heat up.
The material used in Redstuff brake pads is a aramid fibre compound that’s has been enhanced with ceramic particles. It is a vast improvement on the previous version of the EBC Redstuff pre-ceramic compound and is light years ahead!
In the UK such tests are performed at in Motor Industries Research Association (MIRA) where they have discovered that the car stopping distance is reduced by nearly 50 feet from 100 MPH giving a staggering 30% brake improvement.
As Redstuff is a harder compound it does however take longer to fully bed in to it’s fullest levels of performance (something in the region of 1500 miles/2500 kms of urban use), and it’s quite normal during this time to hear the occasional “chirp” of brake bad noise when they are run from cold in cold damp conditions at slow walking pace type of speed. After one press of the pedal the rotor is cleared from the initial dampness to leave the driver with a confidence inspired car brake pad.
The motto is to give the Redstuff brake pads the full chance to bed down with patience!