- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
New Thompson Kart Track kitted out with EBC Brakes banners
The new Thompson Kart Track in Thompson, Ohio has recently been kitted out with EBC banners. The Thompson Kart Track is a small local club based out in the Ohio countryside that is organised and run by dedicated volunteers with a passion for kart racing. The kart raceway is part of Thompson Raceway Park which attracts kart enthusiast who begin racing as young as the age of five, to older mature adults all who have a passion for kart racing at heart. One such young upcoming racer is Ben Soukup, who at the age of 11 has already attended at least three races and already achieved a second place finish in his first non-novice race.
EBC have been manufacturing suitable brake pads that will fit into go karts for years and are available in different types of brake pad materials including gold sintered formula, red general purpose use formula or the softer green high friction formula.
|Visit the Thompson Track Facebook Page for more info!|
More EBC Kart brake pads information:
EBC Gold Kart Brake Pads
Available for limited applications only, the EBC Gold long life sintered metal brake pads are designed for longest wear life and general public use on go-karts or shifter karts.
EBC Green Brake Pads This is EBC”s softest organic formulation for go-kart race use and may have a shorter lifetime than Red or Gold equivalents. It is available for all modern go-karts and shifter karts.
Visit the EBC Brakes go kart product Where To Buy pages to source the most suitable distributor for your needs: