- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Oversize MX Disc / Rotors
Oversize MX Disc / Rotors
The Travis Pastrana recommended brake set up … who knows better? This Oversize MX Disc / Rotors easy upgrade is the best way to grab more stopping power and control in a few minutes simple work. This Oversize MX Disc / rotor conversion kits is delivered with.
- 280mm Optimum diameter fully floating rotor to replace your stock solid rotor. (Fully floating rotors resists warping better and handle heat and loads better), British laser profiled and built.
- Contoured lightest weight profile rotor blade with self cleaning outside profiled curves
- New German Mill Rolled Stainless steel rotor blade and centre with EBC logo centre hub
- Six button stainless steel drive button system
- Billet aluminium relocation bracket designed and made by MX Expert Ted Devol in California.
The Oversize MX Disc / rotor kits installation is a breeze and not only raises braking power by 30% it improves brake control and modulation. That’s why World Top Rider and X Games Champion Travis Pastrana uses and recommends this brake kit See here comments from Travis.
Add to this a set of British made EBC Carbon X or TT pads brake pads for sport riding to reduce heat and deliver fingertip stopping or the new MX-S sintered copper alloy pads made in our own USA factory for the ideal brake pad and a brake set up others will envy.
This extremely popular range of oversize rotors has become a worldwide number one seller. The optimum 280mm design gives a significant improvement to stopping power but also great modulational/control without the risk of ‘grounding’ on excessively over diameter units. The rotors are quick and easy to fit with beautifully crafted brackets made by Ted Devol in the United States, available for all recent modern moto-x machines.