- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Disc brakes on mountain bikes are now almost a must for better braking and compared to the old rim brakes made of rubber, disc brakes are a quantum leap forward.
They are quieter than rim brakes, stop faster and handle heat MANY TIMES better than rubber rim brakes which will literally burn up on a downhill race.
EBC make three compounds for MTB disc brake systems and also a variety of high quality heat treated stainless steel brake rotor oversize kits for Mountain Bikes.
You can buy EBC mountain bike brakes from numerous dealers but we also have good online sellers, see the where to buy section of our website for suppliers.
- Solid Results for AMRRTS’ Spencer-Fleet in Snetterton Leg of Ducati TriOptions Cup
- Introducing EBC Brakes Racing’s RP-1 pad – our highest-performing friction material ever
- Rain Fails to Dampen Jayda Howe’s Spirits in Donington Park Leg of Thundersport GB
- Kyle Ryde Thrashes Thruxton Round of BSB Supersport