EBC Brakes Racing’s Apollo Big Brake Kits offer one giant leap forwards for the performance braking market
EBC Brakes Racing’s Apollo Big Brake Kits represent the ultimate upgrade when it comes to improving stopping power.
Complete with stunning, British-engineered four-piston calipers and all the hardware you need to completely replace all equivalent components of the front axle of your vehicle’s stock braking system, these complete kits give a firmer and more responsive brake pedal feel and allow you to drive much longer without the onset of brake fade.
Apollo Big Brake Kits are also supplied with front braided brake lines and high-performance fluid, ensuring a brake upgrade that delivers maximum braking performance.
These kits are now available for two of Vauxhall’s most loved hot hatches of recent years: the Adam S and Corsa E VXR – both hailed as particularly enjoyable cars to drive and meaning they’ll certainly benefit from this significant brake upgrade.
– Dimensions: 330x28mm
– Part Numbers:
- BBK004BLK-1 (Stealth Black)
- BBK004BLU-1 (Storm Shadow Blue)
- BBK004YEL-1 (Luminous Yellow)
- BBK004RED-1 (Racing Red)
Suitable for the front axles of the following vehicles:
- Vauxhall Adam S, 1.4 Turbo 150bhp (2015-2019)
- Vauxhall Corsa E VXR, 1.6 Turbo 207bhp (2015-2020)
For a complete list of vehicle applications, please visit your nearest EBC Brakes dealer.
Apollo-Series 4-Piston Calipers
- EBC’s lightweight-yet-strong aluminium 4-piston brake caliper
- Two-piece bolted design that incorporates high-tensile 12.9-grade steel bolts for reinforcement of the caliper bridge section (computer FEA analysis shows that this offers significant improvements in caliper stiffness compared to a monobloc design)
- Machined from heat-treated low-pressure castings (this offers a noticeable performance advantage over conventional gravity cast calipers, exhibiting higher overall strength and a comparable caliper body stiffness to forging)
- Rather than a powder-coated finish, all Apollo calipers use an advanced high-temperature Teflon™ polyester coating process to ensure they look great for much longer. Currently available in Stealth Black, Storm Shadow Blue, Luminous Yellow and Racing Red
Fully-Floating Two-Piece Discs
- Fully-floating 330x28mm two-piece discs that allow the outer ring to expand freely in response to heat (this reduces stress which in turn extends disc life and reduces the tendency for disc cracking during extreme use)
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance (this reduces maintenance requirements and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely over time)
- Disc rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved cooling
- Unique ‘Swept Groove’ slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gases whilst ensuring good initial bite on brake application
- Now featuring the latest thermic black corrosion-resistant finish – the very latest in rust prevention
Yellowstuff™ Performance Brake Pads
- Every EBC Apollo Big Brake Kit is supplied with EBC Yellowstuff™ pads for the front axle
- Excellent cold bite and minimal brake noise make them a great pad for road use, yet they are also capable of operating without brake fade up to 550°C, making them an equally outstanding pad for moderate track use
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
- Every kit is supplied with EBC Brakes’ stainless-steel braided brake lines for the front axle
- Every hose has a stainless-steel braided exterior that prevents a phenomenon known as ‘ballooning’, this braided exterior prevents the spongey feel of OE rubber lines and provides greater precision and feel under braking
Super DOT 4 Brake Fluid
- Every kit is supplied with 1 litre of BF307+ super DOT 4 brake fluid. This fluid has a 310°C boiling point – a significantly higher boiling point than standard DOT 5.1 fluid
- Having such a high boiling point gives the braking system exceptional endurance, allowing you to push hard for extended periods without heat soak causing the fluid to boil and resulting in fade
Available now. Please click here to find your local EBC stockist and see a full list of applications.