- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Racing With EBC Brakes
Car Racing Brakes Index
No matter what car or class of racing you participate in EBC brakes has a compound to suit. From its early roots years ago winning the British Saloon Car Championships, EBC Brakes has blazed a trail through many classes of racing, winning championships in many sizes and weights of car. Along the way EBC brakes has been used by Race and Rally Champions in many countries and has twice won cross desert titles, Targa Championships and more. Recently in the UK all but one entrant in MX5 Miata fleets has used EBC Yellowstuff pads and every car in the Swedish Camaro Cup has done the same.
In 2010 EBC launched its next grade of fast street and track brake pad… Bluestuff NDX a longer lasting high friction pad for use on heavier cars or for race use. Unlike all of its competition who blend steel fibre semi metallics that create their own firework show under braking and scratch and wear out brake rotors, the new NDX compound is a aramid carbon blend that is designed to impress and is easy on brake rotors.
In the USA NDX was developed with a fleet of 43 Sportscars ranging from Impreza and EVO thru Mustangs,Corvettes and some heavier Pontiac GTO cars until we were SURE that we had a compound that would delight our customers. Bluestuff NDX has been widely accepted as one of the only pads that can be driven safely on the street, driven to the track and raced and then driven home again. The downside of NDX is only found on older OEM calipers where sliders and small pad sizes limit the pads release. Simply adding a race type compound will not transform a vehicle into a race car. In some cases new fully floating calipers and maybe oversize rotors will be needed to stop your car on the track effectively. EBC is in the same boat as every other pad manufacturer in this regard, we have no magic wands.
Late 2011 sees the introduction of a track only grade of race pad, EBC ORANGESTUFF which is a new semi metallic pad designed for closed circuit racing only. Like all semi metallic pad compounds, this material is more aggressive on rotors and perhaps noisy. It is designed to scrub off speed on a track and NOT to bring a vehicle to rest in a highway environment so use ON PUBLIC ROADS is totally against our advices.
In choosing compounds for your vehicle, refer back to the home page and select the different colour grade and read about its characteristics before selecting pad compounds.
In general, for all cars up to 2200lb EBC Yellowstuff would be a good starting point and for cars above 2200lb the new EBC Bluestuff NDX or the new range of Orangestuff pads(due for launch summer 2011).
|Type of racing?||Best Compound||Pad # Starts|
|Trackday and street combination use||Yellowstuff||DP4|
|Trackday use exclusively||Bluestuff NDX||DP5|
|Closed Circuit Tarmac / Asphalt Racing||Orangestuff||DP 9|
|Sportcars (Muscle cars) track use only||Orangestuff||DP9|
|portcars (Muscle cars) drive to track, limited track work and drive home||Bluestuff||DP5|
|SCCA/NASA under 2200 lbs||Yellowstuff||DP4
|SCCA/NASA above 2200 lbs||Orangestuff||DP9|
|Circle Track||Bluestuff NDX||DP5|
|GTR Cars||Bluestuff NDX||DP5|
|Oval||Maybe Bluestuff NDX||DP5|
- Product Review: Apollo Balanced Big Brake Kit Installed on Mk8 Fiesta ST
- Product Review: Double-H Sintered Pads Fitted to KTM 1190 Adventure R
- Introducing: EBC Brakes Racing-Equipped MSVT Trackday Championship Outfit, Team Schnell
- Product Review: Greenstuff Pads and GD Discs – Mk2 Ford Escort RS Mexico