High-performance road/track component now available for the rear axle of F8X-series M Cars
EBC Brakes Racing’s acclaimed two-piece fully floating disc has been available for the front axle of the ever-popular F8X-Series (2014-2021) BMW M2/M3/M4 models for some time now and has unsurprisingly proven to be a best-seller.
The Northampton-based firm is now expanding on this range with a matching disc for the rear axle of these sports cars – a product that is available now from your local EBC stockist.
The 370x24mm version of EBC’s much-loved two-piece floating disc that can be bolted directly onto the rear axle of all F8X-series M2, M3 and M4 models (apart from those sporting optional carbon ceramic brakes), offering impressive braking performance and longevity.
With these vehicles designed to be driven hard on road and track, this upgrade is a valuable addition to the EBC Brakes Racing range.
Suitable for the rear axle of:
– F87 BMW M2 (inc. Competition and CS models) (2016- )
– F80 BMW M3 (inc. Competition and CS models) (2014-2021)
– F82 BMW M4 (inc. Competition and CS models) (2014-2021)
– F83 BMW M4 (inc. Competition and CS models) (2014-2021)
(PLEASE NOTE: Not suitable for vehicles with the optional carbon ceramic brake upgrade installed)
– EBC’s 370x24mm two-piece fully floating discs are a simple bolt-on upgrade that seamlessly replace the original ‘pin-drive’ brake discs without vehicle modification.
– Unlike the stock pin-drive discs which do not float, EBC’s SG2F fully floating rotor allows the outer cast-iron friction ring to expand freely with temperature, totally eliminating disc warping.
– Discs are grooved unlike the original rotors which are perforated. This allows the pad to vent without the holes becoming epicentres for disc cracking.
– Race-derived G3500-grade high-carbon cast iron is used for the friction rings. This high-quality metallurgy possesses greater crack resistance and an increased ability to conduct and then radiate heat.
– Aluminium bells are machined from aerospace-grade aluminium and then hard anodised for longevity, whereas the stock brake rotors use uncoated cast aluminium bells.
– Cast iron friction rings feature 48 curved vanes and are handed for each side of the vehicle. This significantly improves the brake disc’s ability to radiate heat, increasing brake system endurance and prolonging the onset of brake fade.
– Bobbins are machined from stainless steel which cannot rust, ensuring the disc continues to float freely throughout its entire life cycle on the vehicle, even on road cars.
– Spring clips ensure totally silent operation and eliminate off-brake disc rattle.
– Friction rings can be replaced individually after they have become worn, allowing the aluminium bell and stainless-steel bobbins to be re-used, leading to lower long-term operating costs.
EBC Brakes Racing
– Formed in 2015 as a response to the ever-expanding track day and race car markets, EBC Brakes Racing is a sub-division of world-leader in the industry, EBC Brakes.
– EBC Brakes Racing aims to offer uncompromised braking products of the finest quality that offer unparalleled levels of performance on track days and in race situations.
Part Number: SG2F020
Product Type: Two-piece fully floating brake disc
Availability: Available now. Please click here to find your local EBC stockist