- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Commercial vehicle brake pads made in the UK by EFI Bristol set the trend for quality Commercial vehicle brakes100% Made in the UK the EFI range of brake pads (European Friction Industries) is the largest aftermarket range ever produced and features a complete range of Premium replacement and Carbon long life disc pad sets.
Sets can be delivered with or without accessories with a quality that meets or beats any OEM part with a price to beat anything except Chinese products. EFI products carry a unique brake in coating to speed up bed in times. The EFI product can be fitted and driven away, no need for pre bedding.. read more →
…with newly recruited engineer Lewis Holliday. Lewis is accredited with 11 GCSE passes and a Distinction 4 x A* passes in his BTEC National Diploma and is a fully time served Engineering Apprentice with great talents and skills and joins Steve Payne head of R and D as a Friction Materials Research Engineering student at.. read more →
The heavy industrial division of the EBC Brakes group known as EFI, or European Friction Industries, has been receiving regular orders for its heavy duty carbon based brakes for airport tug applications and has recently supplied these parts to Gatwick airport for use by American Airlines, and also to Luton and Manchester Airport handling companies… read more →