- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
EBC Brakes manufacture a range of mountain bike brakes in various formula’s for all styles of biking. The EBC Mountain Bike Green X-country & trekking formula is made from high quality organic materials and designed for cross country pleasure driving & trekking. The EBC Red Mountain Bike Pads are great for improved brake and race.. read more →
Racing requires much higher quality of brake components than normal street use. The Brakes need to be able to handle heat better, last longer, stop faster and not to damage the opposing surfaces or discs/rotors. EBC Oversize MX disc kits and MXS or EPFA disc pads have been a massive success with privateers. EBC Brakes.. read more →