- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
EBC Brakes …
With a worldwide work force of over 400 people, EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed leader in the brake market, proud of its customers, its products, its success and its people. EBC Brakes produce the largest range of brake pads and brake discs in the world, with over 5000 part numbers for every type of moving vehicle. EBC Brakes are made in one of its two specialist factories in the UK and USA. The majority of EBC brake discs or brake rotors are also made in the UK.
Types of brake pads manufactured include aramid brake pads, sintered brakes, ceramic brake pads and carbon long life brake pads. The EBC Brake rotor brake disc range includes cast iron brake rotors or brake discs for automobiles, stainless steel brake rotors for motorcycles, mountain bike brake pads and mountain bike brake rotors and ATV brake pads and rotors.
Over the years the brake market has seen many changes and many brands come and go. We have also seen many so called “Famous Names” resort to Branding products and having them made by licensees in emerging market locations. EBC has strongly pursued its philosophy that brake pads and rotors are safety products, and are best hand crafted to maximum focus on high quality rather than price savings and are designed and researched on an on-going basis in our own facilities rather than turning a high safety product into a commodity marketed price point product. We firmly believe that saving a few pennies on brake pads and brake rotors is false economy.
When it comes to Brakes there is one name that stands head and shoulders above the rest.
EBC Brakes remains therefore committed to its exclusive UK and USA manufacturing.
EBC has no less than 8 dynamometer systems in its two factories representing over $3 million investment in research along and with its 60 year pedigree of brake material blending you can be sure that brake pads bearing the EBC name will deliver and perform. Environment is equally important to EBC and brake pads made in our factories have every possible consideration for environmental protection.
- Product Review: Yellowstuff Pads Tested in Porsche Cayman on California’s Canyon Roads
- Kevin Moranz Continues Successful AMA Supercross Campaign at Salt Lake City
- Product Review: Civic Type R Owner Matty Bradley Praises EBC’s Yellowstuff Pads and BSD Discs
- Valvetronic Designs Tests EBC Brakes’ Bluestuff Pads on Track in BMW M2