- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
We all live in this world, so why not take care of it.
EBC Brakes is a company equally motivated by its public conscience as it is by its balance sheet. We never target to be the cheapest brakes because cheap materials and processes lead to abuse of human beings or the planet we all live in. The water we drink is our very source of life and is to be respected, harmful chemicals in brakes that wash into rivers and streams are never used in our products. The air that we breathe is equally important and brake materials that give off toxic gas like Xylene vapour and Toluene (some actually do) are actually nerve gases and are a bi-product of many cheap brakes . These are also strictly taboo at EBC Brakes.
The saying in life goes “You get what you pay for or a little less” and that holds true especially for brakes.
We are equally proud and conscious of the products we make as we are of our valuable workforce that make them. Next time you shop for brakes, think about the environment when someone offers you an unknown generic named product in a boring box, what is its pedigree, who’s made it, what’s in it.
All EBC brake pads are ECO friendly, have never been made using Asbestos, Lead, Nickel or Ceramic Fibers
(we use particles of ceramic which are harmless) and are also producing brake materials without Antimony Trisulphide.
Although not banned (it should be) this article explains how Antimony Tri-sulphide Sb2S3 can be harmful to the environment.
Lets think for the future of our children and the planet and lets not be blind to the dangers of cheap toxic products just to save a few shillings. EBC Brakes has been working for many years with the University of Exeter in what is known as its ELV project that stands for End of Vehicle Life.
This project was formed to immediately eradicate toxic ingredients commonly used in the brake pad industry that EBC Brakes has accomplished years ago. Thereafter the project continues to research and pioneer materials that use organic components, a field in which EBC Brakes is a clear leader. For us to describe the elements used in modern day EBC product would be of great help to our competition so we prefer to leave them guessing, suffice it to say that EBC Brakes being a young and long term thinker has more ideas than most of its competitors combined in this area of research.
Not restricted by low price targets by the OEM builders or greedy “Reboxer” Companies overloaded with desk jockeys who’s philosophy is to sell nothing but part numbers, EBC brakes products may not always be the cheapest to buy but in the long run, they cost you less in terms of lifestyle and the world around you.
EBC brakes will continue to do its parts and one day, when the consumer shouts loud enough and stops looking for the quick fix with a product made using child labour and by nations that dumps tons of toxic waste into its rivers and oceans, maybe we will live longer and more healthy lives.
We are proud of our ECO Friendly status
EBC Brakes strives to be the most eco friendly brake supplier on the planet. The Freeman Group as the Company is now known includes EBC Brakes, European Friction Industries, Premier Braking Ltd . The group is an independently owned manufacturer of brake and clutch components supplying under these brand names and is also a private label supplier to many large brake distributors around the world.
The health of our employees is of paramount consideration, even down to working hours, respect of break times, canteen, rest and washing facilities, even an in-house nurse to monitor general health in our main factory. This all adds up to a safe and clean working environment for our people. Compare this to the “sweat shop” methods of many of our competition.
When labour represents over 40% of the cost of a product it is easy to cut costs by abusing human beings; this is not a policy ever endorsed by the Freeman Group and for this reason overseas licences are a thing we simply do not entertain. The next time you are offered a cheap brake pad, think about who suffered in making that product and the fat-cats in between that make all the margin bringing that product to your country.
- Product Review: Yellowstuff Pads Tested in Porsche Cayman on California’s Canyon Roads
- Kevin Moranz Continues Successful AMA Supercross Campaign at Salt Lake City
- Product Review: Civic Type R Owner Matty Bradley Praises EBC’s Yellowstuff Pads and BSD Discs
- Valvetronic Designs Tests EBC Brakes’ Bluestuff Pads on Track in BMW M2