- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
EBC Brakes street bike organic range now 100% made using the NRS Hook system.
NRS is the trademark of the firm NUCAP of Canada and is a system where small hooks about one mm tall are pressed into the surface of the backing plate where the friction/brake material is bonded acting like a super strong Velcro. This secures the pads to the backing plate MUCH MORE SECURELY than simple adhesive bonding systems used by all other brake manufacturers.
EBC Brakes is one of a handful of quality companies who has been granted this license and the production line , machinery, tools ,testing and cleaning equipment needed to adopt this process represents an investment of over 1.0 million Euros.
So what does EBC get by this investment?
Well we certainly have NOT raised our prices but what we have done is made a quantum leap in product quality and drastically reduced the chance of pad separation after the vehicle is used in the severest condition of water spray and where street bikes left parked outside in rainfall.
Click the following link to view NRS presentation page: