- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
A Brief History of EBC Brakes
EBC Brakes is a company 40 years old in 2019, employing over 500 direct and 1,500 indirect staff around the globe. We produce the largest range of disc brake pads in the world from our four wholly-owned manufacturing plants: two in the UK and two in the USA.
To date, EBC Brakes have produced and sold over half a billion sets of disc brake pads for motorcycles and cars.
Brakes for Cars and Light Trucks
Focused on high end friction materials, EBC Brakes has had great success with its colour-coded range of Automotive Pads: Greenstuff, Redstuff, Yellowstuff, Orangestuff and Bluestuff
However, EBC Brakes’ ongoing challenge with such a large range of material choices remains having customers select the right material for their needs, as advice from sellers has often been sketchy and unfortunately appears to have been guesswork to some degree. With so many outlets selling our products it has proven a difficult task to have everyone give out the right information. Clearly this is unacceptable to both customers and EBC Brakes itself and therefore the following charts and selection guides have been created to aid this process.
Finally, it is worth pointing out that the latest and highest performing Automotive Race Pads from EBC Brakes – RP-1 – are coming on stream in Spring 2019.
Once again, choosing the right material for your needs is essential especially if you’re running your bike on a track.
EBC Brakes’ FA Series Organic Pads or longer lasting Vee Pads are superb for general highway riding on all sizes of motorcycle and are R90 street legal, but even more lifetime and higher performance for heavier and faster machines can be found in the sintered HH pad range.
Even then, the HH Sintered Pad range breaks down into three offerings: regular HH Pads for highway use; EPFA Series Pads for track-days and fast street; and the latest GPFAX Pads for race use only. The GPFAX are surely the best motorcycle race pads ever built and are widely used by riders and teams globally.
The basic brake and disc/rotor selector chart will help you choose what’s right for you.