- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Bakchis wins second Formula Drift race with EBC Brakes
Aurimas “Odi” Bakchis had continued success recently when he won his second drift racing event in Round six at the Formula Drift Championships. Equipped with Bluestuff NDX brake pads Bakchis demonstrated remarkable drift racing skills after qualifying in second place during Friday’s racing. He went on to win overall on the new road layout of the Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, Washington.
The new track layout had a much narrower finish than in previous years courses and although Bakchis adapted easily to it in the qualifying round, he was shunted back into second place during the final run.
During the Top 32 tandem round on Saturday, Bakchis was paired up with Chelsea Denofa, then raced against Frederic Aasbo, Ken Gushi and Forrest Wang before competing against Chris Forsberg for the Formula Drift Championship finals. Bakchis drifted his car fitted with EBC Bluestuff NDX brake pads with skillful control, totally avoiding contact with Forsberg who over-rotated on a couple of occasions on the track. As a result Bakchis was victorious and given the event win.
This is a superb second win for Bakchis as he is now only 54 points overall behind the top championship leader. The next round takes place at Texas Motor Speedway on September 9th -10th 2016.
Read the official race report here:
Further race news and information about Odi Bakchis can be found on the following links:
More EBC car brake information:
EBC Bluestuff Brake Pads are perfect for racing all sorts of cars and automotive sports in general as they are extremely high in friction and made from NDX formula material that is specifically designed for aggressive driving conditions such as those found on hard surfaced race tracks. When twinned with specific quality aftermarket calipers Bluestuff brake pad NDX formula has the most efficient success rate. Read more about Bluestuff Brake Pads here!
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series Brake Pads
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use, race drivers in particular love them because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. These pads are ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
EBC Orangestuff brake pads have a longer wear life by up to 40-60% and a very effective initial bite. Another advantage of these unique brake pads is that they offer better fade resistance on rotors even when the disc temperatures are high and the discs glow red.
Read more about Orangestuff brake pads here!
Redstuff Ceramic Brake Pads is a harder compound which takes longer to fully bed in to achieve the highest levels of performance during which time the odd brake noise may be heard when starting from cold in damp conditions at walking speed. One press of the pedal will clear the rotor of any dampness and this leaves EBC Redstuff Ceramic as a pad that inspires confidence in all car users. The motto is be patient to give the pads a full chance to bed down properly.
Read more about Redstuff Ceramic brake pads here!
The latest version of Greenstuff Brake Pads is an intentionally softer brake compound designed to improve the pedal feel on lighter cars at low speeds. This results in a medium dust material with good lifetime and minimal rotor wear.
Read more about Greenstuff brake pads here!
The radically improved Ultimax2™ is a fully ECO friendly material that has ZERO sulphides. The Ultimax2 formula does not require shims for noise reduction and has more bite from cold. These brake pads also work well in hot dry climates too! As with the original Ultimax these too are fully R90 approved.
Read more about the Ultimax brake pad here!
EBC Ultimax Slotted USR Brake Rotors are manufactured using premium disc blanks. These rotors benefit from quiet running which is all down to the narrower multi-slot design and the progressive angle at which the slots are machined. This has the benefit of removing dirt, gas, water and debris and having the advantage of parallel pad wear.
Read more about EBC Brakes Ultimax Slotted USR Brake Rotors here!
EBC GD Series brake disc rotors are now available in a “thermic black” finish and feature wide aperture slots that draw cool air under the brake pad and rotor interface which help cool the temperature of the brake pad contact that can easily and often shoot up to well over 1000 degrees during heavy braking and can cause brake fade or loss of brake effect – the cool effective use of the slots helps prevent this.
Read about other features of the GD brake disc rotor here!
BSD (Blade Sports Discs) are made from a unique material known as “discalloy” for front and rear fitments. The blade slot design is specially crafted to remove hot gases in an efficient way to help keep brake pads cooler and flatter. The multiple slots overlap to reduce the brake wind sound.
Read more about Blade Sport Discs here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: